Great Opportunity for Bills Fans

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am publishing a book prior to kick off 2009. this being our 50th aniversary I am going to have a contest for all of you. I will collect all submissions of your best TAILGATE story, recipe, and name if yours is one of the 50 chosen. All you have to do is submit your favorite recipe and your favorite "fanmanship" story of 350 words or less. This must be emailed to me prior to May 15th 2009. PM me for address or email to greggcummings@yahoo.com. So good luck to you all. And spread the word.

What's your name? Title of the book? who is hte publisher? and how many other books have your written?

What's your name? Title of the book? who is hte publisher? and how many other books have your written?

As my email shows: Gregg C Cummings

Still contemplating the books title

Trafford

One called The Gospel According to A Modern Day Sinner

Did that answer your questions doubting thomas.

For real I am a huge Bills fan wanting to do something with the fans perspective of this 50 year celebration of Buffalo Bills football. Instead of trying to degrade me, send in your story and recipe to see if you make the cut. Cant hurt and this book will be a great way for fans to share thier experience with all of Bills Nation. Give it a shot. Good Luck.

So no I dont believe it has EVER been done.

You are right. Usually, the author actually writes his own book instead of having others do it for him. Yours will definitely be unique. :rolleyes:

You are right. Usually, the author actually writes his own book instead of having others do it for him. Yours will definitely be unique. :rolleyes:

Wow, really? Okay I should ignore this post but I can see the negitive criticisms may be developed through ignorance of the outline of the book as a whole. And also I have never understood why so many feel it is necessary to tear down or degrade the good that others try and do in life. Anyway not because I should, but because I want to share a small outline of the ENTIRE book.

Chapter One: Introduction of 50 years of Buffalo Bills football. through research and study I will write about the stadiums from the beginning, to cover the rock pile, to Rich stadium to the name change of Ralph Wilson stadium, and so much more.

Chapter Two: Bringing to the forefront what all of this means to the fans of Buffalo, to get YOUR input to get YOUR stories not just the story of a single (me) Bills fan. but to show the spirit of those TRUE fans who really do care about the team and what it means to them. This I cant make up.

Chapter Three: 50 recipes of actual fans that frequent Buffalo Bills games no matter where in the country they might be. this again to show input from Bills Nation not just 50 recipes that I can put together in one night. This is not about me, sheeesh its about 50 years of Buffalo Bills tailgating and fanmanship.

Chapter Four: a closing chapter with my perspective of what I am doing now and that is interacting with Bills Fans everywhere and what does the Bills Fan really represent. What is the "real" spirit of the Buffalo Bills fan.

Now not that you deserved this explanation, no one is writing this book for me. But the reader cannot get the perspective of the fans by me making it all up because then it would be MY perspective of the fans.

With all that said if you still want to submit a recipe and your story I will look at it, but if you dont like it then please just dont reply, thank you and good luck.

Wow, really? Okay I should ignore this post but I can see the negitive criticisms may be developed through ignorance of the outline of the book as a whole. And also I have never understood why so many feel it is necessary to tear down or degrade the good that others try and do in life. Anyway not because I should, but because I want to share a small outline of the ENTIRE book.

Chapter One: Introduction of 50 years of Buffalo Bills football. through research and study I will write about the stadiums from the beginning, to cover the rock pile, to Rich stadium to the name change of Ralph Wilson stadium, and so much more.

Chapter Two: Bringing to the forefront what all of this means to the fans of Buffalo, to get YOUR input to get YOUR stories not just the story of a single (me) Bills fan. but to show the spirit of those TRUE fans who really do care about the team and what it means to them. This I cant make up.

Chapter Three: 50 recipes of actual fans that frequent Buffalo Bills games no matter where in the country they might be. this again to show input from Bills Nation not just 50 recipes that I can put together in one night. This is not about me, sheeesh its about 50 years of Buffalo Bills tailgating and fanmanship.

Chapter Four: a closing chapter with my perspective of what I am doing now and that is interacting with Bills Fans everywhere and what does the Bills Fan really represent. What is the "real" spirit of the Buffalo Bills fan.

Now not that you deserved this explanation, no one is writing this book for me. But the reader cannot get the perspective of the fans by me making it all up because then it would be MY perspective of the fans.

With all that said if you still want to submit a recipe and your story I will look at it, but if you dont like it then please just dont reply, thank you and good luck.

OK, so half of the book is written by someone else (of course, that is just in chapter count and not page count. Page count pushes it well above the 50% mark, according to your outline.).

Look. I am not new to this game. There is going to be a flood of junk coming out this year to shamelessly capitalize on the 50th Anniversary. There will be very few items of quality. The only one in the pipelines that I know of would be Jeff Miller's new book. My latest book will be out late this year or early next year. It is not on the current franchise, so it has nothing to do with the anniversary.

So, let's break this down by chapter:

Chapter one: If it is the history of the team, there is no way that it will be done properly in one chapter. If so, it will tell nothing of substance. If it is just the history of the stadiums, then it will just be filler to get the page count up.

Chapter two: Mostly written by others.

Chapter three: Mostly written by others.

Chapter four: Possible substance, depending on how it is written. If written poorly, it will appear to be more filler to get the page count up.

So, what are your plans for sharing the royalties and copyrights with the other 49 authors of the book? You never mentioned any of that in your posts. You just talked about how this book is unique because you mention the 50th Anniversary in it.

OK, so half of the book is written by someone else (of course, that is just in chapter count and not page count. Page count pushes it well above the 50% mark, according to your outline.).

Look. I am not new to this game. There is going to be a flood of junk coming out this year to shamelessly capitalize on the 50th Anniversary. There will be very few items of quality. The only one in the pipelines that I know of would be Jeff Miller's new book. My latest book will be out late this year or early next year. It is not on the current franchise, so it has nothing to do with the anniversary.

Chapter one: If it is the history of the team, there is no way that it will be done properly in one chapter. If so, it will tell nothing of substance. If it is just the history of the stadiums, then it will just be filler to get the page count up.

Chapter four: Possible substance, depending on how it is written. If written poorly, it will appear to be more filler to get the page count up.

So, what are your plans for sharing the royalties and copyrights with the other 49 authors of the book? You never mentioned any of that in your posts. You just talked about how this book is unique because you mention the 50th Anniversary in it.

So again an attack. I am a nice guy and dont understand your reasoning to downgrade what I am trying to do here. Unless it is to get more people to buy your book what ever it might be. Look. I am just a bills fan that got excited about the idea of this book. You might have a ton of money and a great publisher and live for tearing down the dignity of those that dont and are trying to fullfill or act on a small dream. I dont know.

but this is what I do know, I am still going to write this book, I am still going to pay the $2000+ to selfpublish it and I want it to be from the input from fans that I talk to all the time so it is from them. Dose that mean I am a creep trying to benefit from the 50th? No. I want some fans that are positive about the team, about what they do, and see it in print. That is a cool thing. I only broke even with my first book and that is OK too, I thought it was neat that my daughters and family can see I wrote a book and they can have that book for thier children and my great great grandchildren that I will never meet. At no time do I SEEK OUT fillers to make it a larger page count or what ever you called it. the same is true with this book for me. I want it to show my fanmanship to the Buffalo Bills and not some evil plot to screw anyone. So again if you dont want to contribute then dont. I can only promise to those that contribute a free book and bragging rights that thier voice is heard in print. Thats all. I only make 40gs a year working for Head Start friend. quit busting my balls.

I am sure you accomplished what you were after and that is downgrading my efforts here to open this opportunity for regular fans. Cant help but to say I am disgusted.

Time to bump the thread again, huh?

I am sorry that you can't handle any criticism. The authors I deal with spend years researching and writing their books. They are not slapped together quickly to capitalize on an anniversary. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you.

More power to you. You will probably be bumping this thread in another hour or so.

Wow, I guess you are the only one allowed to write a book?

Time to bump the thread again, huh?

I am sorry that you can't handle any criticism. The authors I deal with spend years researching and writing their books. They are not slapped together quickly to capitalize on an anniversary. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you.

More power to you. You will probably be bumping this thread in another hour or so.

Criticism I can handle when it is time after a job is done. This is just pure venom to degrade me. Again I am not one to get all angry or want to argue or fight. I spent 12 years fighting in Military, 5 years fighting as a cop, 2 years listening to arguments as a family counselor, and now work for Head Start serving the best I can the low income families that have thier own share of fights to deal with. I come on these boards for my release to feel good about the Buffalo Bills. that is my get away. So I dont need this from you.

Bump yes and I will continue to do so till May 15th. then I will sift through all the entries and see who the 50 will be. And so you know this is an idea myself and two other posters from another board talked about 2 years ago and had nothing to do with the 50th. But it just makes sinse for me to add that here and to start the book now because if they move or become another team after Mr. Wilson dies I as a fan can say I did this for our team in the end. that is my reasoning brother. And you can keep attacking me because of all your experience in the field, well I say good for you and your experience, and all the boards and committees you work with, but I am 44 years old and love my Buffalo Bills, and am going to continue to post or bump or what ever else. Even though now you have already damaged the positives of this thread. Do us all a favor and go heckle a priest or something else you love doing.