OHERverrated

WordByrd

Why is everyone eager to waste a #11 on a LT? We molded an undrafted Peters into a Pro Bowler. You don't see any elite undrafted pass rushers. We need to use the #11 for a DE or OLB, which are much bigger needs. Peters gave up the most sacks in the league last year at 11.5. Whoever plays LT can't do worse than last, right?

Oher has been described as "soft" and "has motivation issues".

Sounds like Mike Williams Jr.

PASS RUSHER PLEASE!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone eager to waste a #11 on a LT? We molded an undrafted Peters into a Pro Bowler. You don't see any elite undrafted pass rushers. We need to use the #11 for a DE or OLB, which are much bigger needs. Peters gave up the most sacks in the league last year at 11.5. Whoever plays LT can't do worse than last, right?

Oher has been described as "soft" and "has motivation issues".

Sounds like Mike Williams Jr.

PASS RUSHER PLEASE!

I agree 100% that we should go pass rush with pick 11 unless Curry somehow drops. All these OT's after Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe have questions about there play.

Was never really on that bandwagon, but was on the Haloti "should be a Bill" Ngata one.

So I'm talking to a DT expert? NICE. Go get Raji then!

Seriously though, we have much larger needs than at DT. Williams and Johnson are a good mix with Stroud. DE and OLB are much more important IMO.

Raji has a ton of negatives, no one can argue that. However, he has great talent... so we'll see.

Every player in the draft has their negatives. Other than a few minor character concerns, and possibly some issues with letting his weight get up there, I don't see many negatives at all on Raji. I struggle to find ANY glaring negatives if we're talking about his play on the field.

How do you think the guy in your avatar will perform this year? Underwhelming last year, no? Too soon to call him a bust though.

I wouldn't call a "rookie" MLB who led the team in tackles and had some nice plays a bust. Poz was the most consistent LB on the team too. Poz isn't the Crowder type (blitzing Joey Porter LB), he's a run stopper. I think a lot of people forget about how decent Poz played because he doesn't dance and whatnot. There is room for improvement, but for a guy who has only played about 20 games, I like where he is.

As for Raji, it has nothing to do with weed. His coach at BC has said he is basically lazy. You also have to remember who he was playing against. He was a bit of a big fish in a little pond. Not saying the guy is going to suck, just saying I feel there are better options at 11 than a DT.

Raji has a ton of negatives, no one can argue that. However, he has great talent... so we'll see.

Ummm, what negatives does Raji have?

I've watched about 15 full game tapes and I came up with one:

- When facing double-teams, he occasionally can get too high and get washed out.

- EDIT: In games where he faces double-teams, he can get tired and get moved around in the 4th quarter

Compare that to the positives:

- Anchors down against run

- Gets after passer (8 sacks as a senior)

- Handles double-teams well (mostly)

- Can work laterally and fight through traffic

- Carries bulk of 320+ pounder without losing speed

- Is thick through upper body and can use his shoulder strength to gain length against opposing linemen

- Rallied from off-field problems (academic ineligibility and a marijuana arrest) to have a great Senior campaign with no incidents (including NOT testing positive for any banned substance at the Combine)

Sorry man, but I can't agree that Raji has a ton of negatives.

I wouldn't call a "rookie" MLB who led the team in tackles and had some nice plays a bust. Poz was the most consistent LB on the team too. Poz isn't the Crowder type (blitzing Joey Porter LB), he's a run stopper. I think a lot of people forget about how decent Poz played because he doesn't dance and whatnot. There is room for improvement, but for a guy who has only played about 20 games, I like where he is.

and yet you find a way to call someone who's never played a down in the NFL a bust.

As for Raji, it has nothing to do with weed. His coach at BC has said he is basically lazy. You also have to remember who he was playing against. He was a bit of a big fish in a little pond. Not saying the guy is going to suck, just saying I feel there are better options at 11 than a DT.

Big fish in a little pond? Huh? If playing in the ACC is suddenly a huge question mark, then Aaron Curry, Everette Brown, Eugene Monroe, Hakeem Nicks, etc should all be sliding down draft boards, right?

Once again you fail to give credit where it is due. If it was so easy to mold players into elite LTs teams wouldn't be paying 10+ million per year for them would they? It just points out once again how we squandered away a player with freakish natural abilities. And yea, I really wanted to use that #11 pick on a DE when we had 2 good tackles...but now that idea is just preposterous.

But hey, it could be worse. At least you aren't suggesting we draft a TE at #11...

Oh yea and I love how you guys throw around that 11.5 number like it actually means anything. You cannot just count the number of sacks accumulated by players who lined up across from JP, as defenses have been known to stunt. I know usually that stuff is reserved for peewee football but it turns out NFL teams actually do stunt. Also, JP would not have given up nearly as many sacks if he had gotten help the way that almost every other LT in the league does. But he was so good that the Bills coaching staff felt they could leave him isolated every play, so your 11.5 isn't factoring the sacks that were avoided because we had extra help across the line. Just stop pretending the guy wasn't good. Say it with me - we lost a great player because the Bills are CHEAP. Accept it and get over it, but stop pretending this was a brilliant move that makes the Bills better.