Offensive Identity

Numark

Does anyone else feel that we have 0 offensive identity. I think an offense needs to be primiarily a passing offense or a rushing offense. Something like a ratio of 60/40. But the bills have no identity and we have such good players on both types of offense.

On rushing we have lynch, jackson, and rhodes. On passing we have evans, owens, reed, johnson, and hardy.

I know it sounds stupid, and a balanced offense should be the goal. But I think to get to be a good balanced offense, first you have to establish your strength, and then your weakness will be stronger. I know I am not making much sense, but I just wish we would find our identity.

Does anyone else feel that we have 0 offensive identity. I think an offense needs to be primiarily a passing offense or a rushing offense. Something like a ratio of 60/40. But the bills have no identity and we have such good players on both types of offense.

On rushing we have lynch, jackson, and rhodes. On passing we have evans, owens, reed, johnson, and hardy.

I know it sounds stupid, and a balanced offense should be the goal. But I think to get to be a good balanced offense, first you have to establish your strength, and then your weakness will be stronger. I know I am not making much sense, but I just wish we would find our identity.

...five months before the season??

First, I want to say that Beerball has an offensive identity.

Next I think the team is loading up with the horses that will make establishing an identity much easier. I think they are going to be very balanced this year. The biggest problem is what the hades they end up doing with the OL.

Its all well and good to have four or five games where you put up respectable numbers offensively, to have showings like the Bills did last year against the Chiefs, Broncos, etc. But the best identity to have as an offense is one that consistently scores... you know... touchdowns?

And doesn't fumble away games in Miami.

And doesn't throw red zone picks at home in key situations (Dallas in '07, Jets in '08).

And can score more than a meaningless late-game TD in Foxboro.

And doesn't throw three picks in a quarter... at home... on Monday Night Football... against the hapless Browns.

And puts up more than THREE points... at home... to the freakin' 49ers.

And puts up more than THREE points... at a neutral site... against the stinkin' Dolphins.

And can execute a simple roll-out, and not fumble away another game late in the contest.

Oh, and one that can score A SINGLE GODDAMN POINT... AT HOME... against the Pats.

Let's start with that.

I dont think we have a defense or offensive idenity and havent had one for years!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we do have an offensive identity, at least on paper.

Last year we saw Trent in the Shotgun with 4 receivers a lot in certain games and situations. Our offense was effective when we passed in those instances.

I think adding a hall of fame receiver, getting rid of our blocking TE, and adding a RB who played in a passing style offense and who's forte is catching the ball out of the backfield, I'd say we're moving in that direction.

Lynch played in the run and shoot in college, or some form of it, also. I think if we add a pass catching TE in this draft, there's no doubt we have a passing identity on offense.

i think at the end of it we will add some power to our front 7 and have/will continue to add consistent blockers up front and weapons people fear on o.

the result is that we will continue to be balanced and decent inside the 20s, move the chains, win the field position battle, force more turnovers, and most importantly turn goal to go situations into TDs. with our two young tall WRs, a TE upgrade, and TO and evans, we now have the tools for our accurate qb to pick guys apart in the end zone. add in lynch being a total monster in the redzone and i think we eliminate the super low scoring no points sht we've had.

We haven't had a balanced offensive identity in the last 15 years! The playcalling is SO OBVIOUS; we have coaches who just call plays instead of game plan. You can look at the personell and tell the play from jump. I mean they don't utilize the playaction as much as they should nor pass much when Trent is under center in a 2 back look. That way the defenses can stack the box. They barely ran from spread formatations. They barely ran any shotgun draws UNTIL Lynch busted a big run from the shotgun against the Borwns on MNF; they gave it a shot the next few games. You'd think with the numerous times they had Trent pass from the shotgun they'd at least tryo to incorporate a few draws or screens. God knows I HATED to see Trent in SHOTGUN on 3rd and short ON OUR OWN 20 that led to numerous backbreaking sacks, fumbles, and INT's!

I'd like to see them find a personell grouping that they could run a base offense, with good pass and run ratio at least 65% of time to keep the D off balance and guessing. They could use special groupings for special downs (short yardage, 3rd and long, 2 minute, etc.)