AP Declares Lisa Murkowski the WINNER

D, what were the amendments on your ballet yesterday?

99955[/snapback]

Anti-Bear Baiting. FAILED :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Environmentalists from outside the state

Legalizing Marijuana. FAILED (though 6 points closer than last time)

Ban Governor appointment of Senator: Passed

School Bonds: PASSED

You guys probably know this, but California now moves forward with embryonic stem cell research. They also voted no on Prop. 66, which in essence "would have required an offender's third strike - and the 25-years-to-life sentence it triggers - be a violent or serious felony such as rape, robbery or murder. Currently, third strikes can be triggered by nonviolent crimes, such as shoplifting or drug possession."

Had this passed, approximately 4000 prisoners would have had their cases reviewed based on the fact that their third strike was neither violent nor a serious felony.

You guys probably know this, but California now moves forward with embryonic stem cell research.  They also voted no on Prop. 66, which in essence "would have required an offender's third strike - and the 25-years-to-life sentence it triggers - be a violent or serious felony such as rape, robbery or murder. Currently, third strikes can be triggered by nonviolent crimes, such as shoplifting or drug possession."

Had this passed, approximately 4000 prisoners would have had their cases reviewed based on the fact that their third strike was neither violent nor a serious felony.

100053[/snapback]

I personally think ONE of the 3 strikes should be something serious, but I'm glad they didn't pass that crock of stevestojan.

3 violent felony convictions should qualify you for extermination.

I personally think ONE of the 3 strikes should be something serious, but I'm glad they didn't pass that crock of stevestojan.

3 violent felony convictions should qualify you for extermination.

100059[/snapback]

There is the argument that doing this would provide some financial relief to a state that is pretty strapped right now. Frankly, I may be a bit extreme on this. It seems to me that if you commit two crimes, and you're not smart enough not to commit a third given all the warnings that you have, then you should go away for a long time. It does seem to be something of a deterrent.

The push to overturn the three strikes law was funded by a multi-millionaire whose son was locked up for three strikes. He did it to try to get his scumbag son sprung.

100631[/snapback]

How tragic that it didn't work out for him. He should have tried parenting.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all parents who think money is how you raise a kid.