Silver Lining

We now have one of the top 5 worst offensive lines and defensive lines in football, so tight end, linebacker, and safety are out for the first two rounds of the draft.

We don't have to speculate whether the Bills will draft Brandon Pettigrew, Brian Cushing, or Malcolm Jenkins. Yeah!!!

Buffalo has 4-5 major holes now to fill on the both sides of the line. In a twisted sort of way, I'm happy. Now, anyone that makes any post or speculation on why the Bills should draft a linebacker or tight end better have a compelling reason.

The Bills can only consider, if available, from the following people now with picks #11, #28, #42

DE's Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, Brian Orakpo, Robert Ayers

OT Michael Oher, Eben Britton

OG/OC Alex Mack, Max Unger, Eric Wood

DT Peria Jerry

We now have one of the top 5 worst offensive lines and defensive lines in football, so tight end, linebacker, and safety are out for the first two rounds of the draft.

We don't have to speculate whether the Bills will draft Brandon Pettigrew, Brian Cushing, or Malcolm Jenkins. Yeah!!!

Buffalo has 4-5 major holes now to fill on the both sides of the line. In a twisted sort of way, I'm happy. Now, anyone that makes any post or speculation on why the Bills should draft a linebacker or tight end better have a compelling reason.

The Bills can only consider, if available, from the following people now with picks #11, #28, #42

DT Peria Jerry

I doubt they's take a defensive tackle, i would like one od the DE's.

DT Peria Jerry

We didn't have one of the five worst defensive lines last year, without Schobel. The offensive line shouldn't be graded until we actually see them play. They weren't one of the five worst last year, despite all the sacks we gave up from the left side. I know this isn't a real stat to some of you, but I think we can all agree they at least came from the left side.

I agree that this draft will be line heavy, but the cupboard isn't as bare as it seems.

We didn't have one of the five worst defensive lines last year, without Schobel. The offensive line shouldn't be graded until we actually see them play. They weren't one of the five worst last year, despite all the sacks we gave up from the left side. I know this isn't a real stat to some of you, but I think we can all agree they at least came from the left side.

I agree that this draft will be line heavy, but the cupboard isn't as bare as it seems.

Agreed. I think the Bills will focus on both lines with their four of their first five picks, which really is a good thing. I could see the Bills take an OT or a DE at #11 and then the other of the two at #28. I see something like what follows below. Also, though, Buffalo has done some things on the OL already. The right side of the line is solid. Butler was probably our best OL last year, and Walker was a close second. That right side is solid. If they move Walker to left tackle, where he looked solid against a good pass rushing D in the Seattle game, then Bell could take over at RT, which would be a better fit for a physically gifted rookie. Hangartner is a very good C and was a starter for 15 games at the position with a solid Carolina OL. McKinney is a solid reserver, as is Kirk Chambers for the tackle positions. If Buffalo could draft a solid LT at #11, say Oher or Smith, and get either Alex Mack or Duke Robinson I think the OL would be in very good shape, particularly if we could then sign Kendall Simmons after the draft. I see Buffalo using their first four picks in one of two ways:

1a: Michael Oher/Andre Smith OT

1b: Robert Ayers/Michael Johnson DE

2: Duke Robinson/Alex Mack OG/C

3: Chase Coffman TE

OR

1a: Everette Brown/Aaron Maybin DE

1b: Eben Britton/Williams Beatty OT

2: Duke Robinson/Alex Mack OG/C

3: Chase Coffman TE

Either way we get very good players at the position where we have the most need. Our Starting OL would then look like this, depending on the draft scenarios.

1=Oher/Smith-Robinson/Mack/Hangartner-Hangartner/Mack-Butler-Walker

2=Walker-Robinson/Mack-Hangartner-Butler-Britton/Bell

Neither one is bad, and both might be better than the one we had last year.

The silver lining is now we don't have a fat, lazy OT that doesn't want to be here. I love people that think we're better off with a guy that DOES NOT want to play for us. Truthfully I think trading a top 5 OT is the worst move ever but if the guy is unhapy then he's nothing more then a distraction. IDK how many people here have ever run a co. or been in a position of power at their work but if you have then you should know that once an employee is disenchanted and asking for too much then it's time to part ways. I swear if it were up to the GM's here at TSW we'd be 100 million over the cap with a bunch of over-rated jerkoffs crowding the sidelines.

The trouble once again with loading up on picks is there's no guarantee that they'll good players in 2-3 years, let alone as rookies. We're needing all three top picks to come in and play at a high level in their first NFL season and I don't like those odds.

Drafting OL and DL is something people have been harping on since 2006. With their top 2 picks in each draft for those three years (that's six picks total) and having huge needs on OL and DL, the Bills chose exactly one player. And that guys a complete bust.

I really think a few people on this board could do what Brandon does and Levy did.

We now have one of the top 5 worst offensive lines and defensive lines in football.

An excellent point.

Do you think the Bills will go with a safety at #11 and a CB at #28? Or do you think they'll grab the CB first, and wait until #28 for the safety?

Sorry if the above sounds a bit cynical. In fairness, they won't necessarily use every first round pick on a DB. There's always the chance they'll take a RB, or the next John McCargo.