American Idol

John Adams

Adam better win it all

Great range in voice

Well at least the upper range, because he has no lower range. He doesn't have the "can sing the phone book" voice, but he is a good entertainer. That's why it is very important for him to pick the right song, which he has done brilliantly thus far.

Lana, I agree completely. I honestly think Michael Johns in the reason they instituted the save rule this year.

Yeah, I guess my stalking them, about letting him go too soon, helped bring it back. :rolleyes::)

Didn't they have the rule years ago?

Well at least the upper range, because he has no lower range. He doesn't have the "can sing the phone book" voice, but he is a good entertainer. That's why it is very important for him to pick the right song, which he has done brilliantly thus far.

When he sings in the higher range it sounds like someone is squeezing his...oh nevermind... :rolleyes:

Lana, I agree completely. I honestly think Michael Johns in the reason they instituted the save rule this year.

I absolutely hate the save rule. It does take away from America's vote. Yes there have been some travesties in the past with very talented contestants getting eliminated earlier than they deserved, but that's the way it goes.

By the way, while we're on the subject, let's say the judge's never use their save. Then the competition comes down to the last 2 contestants. Ryan Seacrest has the golden envelope in his hands. He announces the winner of American Idol 2009. The crowd goes crazy, confetti is flying everywhere. All of a sudden the judges say, "Wait a minute"! "We are going to use our save now, and we will have these 2 contestants compete again next week"! Theoretically, is this a possible scenario? Just something I thought I would throw out there.

I absolutely hate the save rule. It does take away from America's vote. Yes there have been some travesties in the past with very talented contestants getting eliminated earlier than they deserved, but that's the way it goes.

By the way, while we're on the subject, let's say the judge's never use their save. Then the competition comes down to the last 2 contestants. Ryan Seacrest has the golden envelope in his hands. He announces the winner of American Idol 2009. The crowd goes crazy, confetti is flying everywhere. All of a sudden the judges say, "Wait a minute"! "We are going to use our save now, and we will have these 2 contestants compete again next week"! Theoretically, is this a possible scenario? Just something I thought I would throw out there.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/tvblog/20...e_american.html

This article says the save is only in play until they hit the top 5.