Aikman OK with Owens getting cut

That is my point The Dean... the Bills limit their options, and way too many people just accept it. Sure, Owens is a better option, for one year, than Galloway or Coles...but at the end of one year, then what?

Then Hardy and Johnson are seasoned for another year. If those guys don't step up (and I think they will) they can get a WR via FA (there's always someone available) trade, and/or draft.

IMO, they made the best of a bad situation.

Then Hardy and Johnson are seasoned for another year. If those guys don't step up (and I think they will) they can get a WR via FA (there's always someone available) trade, and/or draft.

IMO, they made the best of a bad situation.

You may be right...

buftex: Boldin hasn't been traded yet, and it doesn't appear that he will be traded. The Bills not going after him has nothing to do with anything because it appears he isn't on the block, for anything other than a ridiculous deal. As Dean said, it realistically was Coles, Galloway, and Housh (although I don't think the Bills were interested in him), and the Bills lucked-into getting Owens. He's in Buffalo for a 1-year trial. If it works, great. If it doesn't, the team still sucks and he's gone and his career is likely over, and the same goes for Jauron and his head coaching career.

As for why 3 teams got rid of him, I analogized his situation to that of Moss. Like TO, Moss was with his original team for many years (TO with the 49'ers for 8 years, and Moss with the Vikes for 7), and forced himself out and went to another team, where he was a malcontent and they got rid of him after 2 years. Where things are different is that Moss is with his 3rd team and has been for the past 2 years, while Owens was with the Cowboys for 3 years and got cut. But it's pretty odd how similar their paths have been, wouldn't you say?

Speaking of the Cowboys situation, Owens got released because Jerry Jones made a Herschel Walker-type trade (LOL!) for Roy Williams, needed for Williams to be the unquestioned #1 WR in order to justify his stupid trade, and he knew that would never happen with TO on the team. I think that Jerry actually believe that getting rid of Owens will solve their offensive problems, failing to realize that they start with his QB, and a defense that gave-up 22.8 PPG, which was 13th worst in the NFL. Not to mention that Wade Phillips isn't HC material (Jauron isn't either, but it's not like Ralph is paying him big bucks or that the Bills' HC'ing gig is anywhere near as high-profile). I'm expecting it to be an ugly season is Dallas even without TO.