Screw Pettigrew... I really want...

Guest dog14787
CHASE COFFMAN

My god... This is what we need...

I just hope when he tries to jump over Bart Scott, Bruschi, and Joey Porter... He doesn't get powerbombed :(

Draft Pettigrew and Coffman both and end our problems at tight end :flirt:

Chase Coffman's got that big play look and although he may not block well, he has to stay accounted for because you have to keep a fella like him tied up or you will be Chasing Coffman all day long.

I like Coffman allot :thumbsup:

Its the spread dude. Just because he never lined up as a blocker doesnt mean he cant do it average enough to be a starting TE. Royal was supposed to be a "blocking TE" but if you didnt notice he was taken out for most running plays. In college Coffman completely controlled the middle of the field on seem routes and was spectacular running underneath and crossign routes - Just what the Bills need. He wont dominate as a blocker, but he will as a pass catcher -- pass catching muhc more important.

Duh! Am I missing something here fellas? If you have a receiver going out for passes and he's not expected to block... uh, why not just put another WR in there??

He BETTER block, Thoner, or he won't hack it in the NFL! :thumbsup:

Which is only about 4.5 seconds less than is needed.

You are suppose to hold blcoks for 4 seconds. Especially in the west coast style offense Buffalo is suppose to be running. It is all predicated on quick release and timming routes. Show me one TE that could block a DE for 6.5 seconds, and i will show you Ryan Denney.

Everyone's obsessing about TE, and we do have average-joes (at best) at that spot - but why do we really need a high-profile, pass catching TE? We've got two ELITE wideouts, a very good 3rd WR to pull in passes across the middle (Reed is more than a stretch at #2, but will be great if he can stick to #3), and two RB's with good hands coming out of the backfield. How many more pass catchers do we need?? We need a TE with great BLOCKING skills to help out the OL, not a prima donna with hands that will whiff on blocks.

Seriously - how many catches did the TE's make last year in AZ with Fitz and Boldin going nuts? or in NE, with Moss and Welker going off? Their passing games were fine!

Personally, I'll be upset if the Bills draft a TE before they address the DL and OL needs.

You're still talking about only one TE---Pettigrew, and he's only available in Round 1. What's your Plan?

I still would take Jared Cook in the 2nd. Speed ,hands , leaping ability. Shitttyy QB play is what killed him. I still don`t think he will be around in the second. Petigrew a tackle with hands....slow ,I watched some play of his ,he looks slow as .... :thumbsup:

I suppose Bills fans will beat this dead horse until it turns to dust... already posted several times recently #1371442 ·

Coffman in the 3rd ? But didn't the Bills use a 3rd on Fine last year ?

FIRST ROUND PROSPECTS

1. Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State: Pettigrew is, by light-years, the most complete tight end prospect available this year, and perhaps in recent memory. Question his receiving numbers all you want, but the undeniable truth is that if the Bills are ever going to think that a tight end is perfect for their offense, this guy is it. He's ready to contribute to a winning organization right away, and he's still got solid upside as well.

THIRD ROUND PROSPECTS

2. Chase Coffman, Missouri: They say this year's tight end class is deep. I disagree. There are a lot of players available; very few of them fit what the Bills traditionally look for at the position. One one-dimensional guy with room to grow is Chase Coffman, owner of the best set of hands in the draft. His hands make him coveted; his size and blocking potential put him second on my list, but only as a third-round prospect.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/30/...-nfl-draft-s-ti