Todd Marinovich hits rock bottom

mead107

You need to take Psych 101, fella. Your childhood experiences do in fact continue to influence your lifestyle over and over and over and.... all your life, like it or not.

I hear you man, but I tend to agree with him, a lot of people have grown up while their parents divorced,

including yours truly, and I hear that as an excuse all the time. Thier parents, in alot of cases were not there

for them, and they had to learn things the hard way, and so on and so forth. I was effected by it though, and there was a time in my life were I felt that I had absolutley no purpose, but if anything, and like a lot of problems, I gained strength from my situation, and am now flourishing.

Marinovich was just the opposite, and I am not proposing that you take this route to the NFL, as I do think that the smothering probably inhibited his growth as a person. There comes a time in one's life, where a light goes on, and you start to mature, and realize, that you can use all of your setbacks and misfortunes to motivate yourself, God gave us the innate ability to know right from wrong, some people just never are able to choose the right path. My son has ADD, and has struggled with it for some time now, and although I recognize his shortcoming, I refuse to allow him to use this as an excuse. I point out that a undefeated high school wrestler has no legs or arms, now that is a disability, not ADD. It's like saying, well he was beat as a kid, so therfore we can understand his bully behavior, get real, I know what the statistics will say, but I don't care, we have the knowledge today to break the cycle, raise our expectations for ourselves, and stop using

excuses. Did his father go overboard? I don't think that anybody could deny that, but a far worse transgression, are the

millions of fathers out there that do not acknowledge their own flesh and blood, let alone spend any quality time with them what so ever.

It is a sad situation, but you can't blame others for the choices you make in life. When you're grown, you are accountable for yourself and what you do. You can't point the finger at anyone else except the person you face when looking in a mirror. Hopefully Todd will look in the mirror, see a person in need of help, and come to his senses. Hopefully he will start taking the steps to get his life in order.

I hear what you say but what a screwed up situation to grow up in. Kids have to learn for themselves ... he never had a chance.