T.O.'s love affair with Toronto

It's not an issue with me.

We're both using each other. We needed him as much as he needed us.

But I think the bigger issue, as ChevyVanMiller astutely points out, is Toronto/Ralph using all of us, to ease the transition out of Western New York? I have not liked the odor of this Owens signing from day one, and I think it is starting to stink more by the week. It is not a big deal that Owens was at a Raptors game (he can be seen courtside of NBA games across the countriy/countries, and is a huge basketball fan), or that he prefers to spend his time in Toronto. That doesn't really bug me. It was just that fact that he kept calling the Bills "North Americas' Team", and his apparent desire to (already) be appeasing the Toronto media, while he hasn't given WNY a second thought.

I get it, I realize Buffalo is the little league for Owens, it just seems that there is some marketing scheme going on here, behind our backs... then the ensuing news about Rogers' Communication, the survey, which referenced the signing of Owens as a selliing point for future Bills games in Toronto, which, Owens would likely not even be involved with, as a Buffalo Bill...yeah, I think we are losing our team, slowly but surely.... and the conspiracy thoerist in me might be willing to take it a step further, and think that maybe, somehow, Ralph, or the leauge itself, was behind Owens coming to Buffalo.

That way, if things go as planned, the cheers of glee for the Toronto Bills, will drown out the whimpers of despair coming from Buffalo...

The signing of Owens is so out of character for the Bills, and anything they have ever done before, it doesn't feel right....

So T.O. signs and mentions that he is now playing for "North America's Team" at the presser.

Then he gives his first radio interview to Fan 590. Last weekend he's court-side at a Raptor's game in an official team jersey.

Finally, he gives his first television interview since his signing to TSN.

I've got a pretty thick skin, but maybe he should talk to a Buffalo TV station and consider turning up for a Sabres' game.

Did the team put him in charge of selling the proposed 2nd game to Toronto? Is Roger's Communication sliding him some cash under the table? Is he in love with poutine?

Conspiracy theorists discuss.

PR PR PR.... He is a PR plan to sell Suites and Jerseys.... And oh yeah catch the football

TO is a single man and a millionaire at that. Think about it Buffalo is a great city but it is blue collar and quite limited as to the mix of culture and ethnicity that you will see in Toronto. Toronto is the fifth largest city in North America. As far as things to do and opportunity its like comparing little league to the pros. One is a great city with some fun to be had the other is a world class city with a very large selection of entertainment options. And comparing the woman of these two cities well lets just say if I were a single millionaire I would rather spend my time in Toronto as well.

So T.O. signs and mentions that he is now playing for "North America's Team" at the presser.

Then he gives his first radio interview to Fan 590. Last weekend he's court-side at a Raptor's game in an official team jersey.

Finally, he gives his first television interview since his signing to TSN.

I've got a pretty thick skin, but maybe he should talk to a Buffalo TV station and consider turning up for a Sabres' game.

Did the team put him in charge of selling the proposed 2nd game to Toronto? Is Roger's Communication sliding him some cash under the table? Is he in love with poutine?

Conspiracy theorists discuss.

What until he does his first regular season game in Buffalo and he sees the difference in atmosphere between the real home games in Buffalo and the fake atmosphere in Toronto - he'll be just fine - don't worry. He has to do the marketing up there. BTW, he might just think Toronto is more fun.

I'm glad TO is going to be catching footballs for Buffalo this season, but geography obviously wasn't his thing. Last time I checked, "North America" was a continent.

In alphabetical order, here are the countries that belong to the continent of North America:

Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States of America

Kind of makes distinguishing Buffalo/Toronto from Dallas by referring to the Bills as "North America's team" kind of a goofy remark. Obviously, everyone knew what he meant, but us citizens of the United States are not the only "Americans". We sure can be quite centric regarding ourselves. What's even more interesting is that I have not heard even one challenge in the media to this statement -- interesting.

Also, if you are from Canada, you are a Canadian. If you are from Mexico, you are a Mexican. If you are from the United States, you are an ... American?? -- how messed up is that? If you are a citizen of ANY of the above-listed countries (or even the countries of South America, for that matter), you can say you are an "American". It would be like the Italians saying they are Europeans (which they are, of course) *and* intending that remark to mean that ONLY they were Europeans -- as though the citizens of the other European countries were NOT Europeans. It's just kind of funny that we don't even have a legitimate name to call ourselves and have it be unique.

Well, I guess we can always go by our states -- New Yorkers or Pennsylvanians or Floridians, etc., but "Americans" doesn't really work (in terms of distinguishing us as United States citizens) and neither does "North Americans".

He`s Gay? Toronto is the San Fran of North America. :thumbsup:

Maybe your the botti mon ya Sally bwoi!

Toronto is Bad mon city with nuff a dem rude boy! And de women a mighty fine seen!

Plus they have one of the best times of the year during Caribanna, but ya wouldn't know nuttin bout that then would ya?

Maybe your the botti mon ya Sally bwoi!

Toronto is Bad mon city with nuff a dem rude boy! And de women a mighty fine seen!

Plus they have one of the best times of the year during Caribanna, but ya wouldn't know nuttin bout that then would ya?

Ahh yeah got ya. Now youd budder be putteen down dee hash pipe ?? :thumbsup: