Brandon Sutherland

This kid is like haveing a very agile offensive lineman in the backfield. He was awesome at UGA. When he came back from an early season injury, it was night and day with Brandon in there for Knowshons production. He was a team captain. Very hard worker, and embodies everything you would want from your fullback.

Not chopped Liver at all and could most likely be had in later rounds. Like 6 or 7. Would be a good ST and short yardage blocker. Plus he caught the ball out of the backfield very good too. No knock on Tony but i would rather have a guy comming from the SEC, going against that level of competion, then a guy out of the Big Least

Not chopped Liver at all and could most likely be had in later rounds. Like 6 or 7. Would be a good ST and short yardage blocker. Plus he caught the ball out of the backfield very good too. No knock on Tony but i would rather have a guy comming from the SEC, going against that level of competion, then a guy out of the Big Least

I'm guessing Darryl "Moose" Johnston who came from the Big East was not much of a fullback huh? How many other big name FB's from the Big East are out there now or have been. Name some people.

Brannan Southerland is a MONSTER blocker, I've been hoping he flies under the radar for the Bills to nab him in the 6th or 7th round.

The only knock on this guy is that he's had some issues with injuries over the last year, and unfortunately he was recovering from surgery for a large part of his senior year. BUT, the guy has great hands out of the backfield and just demolishes defenders with his sickening lead blocks. Plus, he has played against top notch competition his entire career and still did a great job. Check out a few of these clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXLG3K_aOI

The one above is fantastic, he knocks two guys completely out of the play. And just to get a better idea on what type of guy he is, here is an interview with him from this season.

The top two fullbacks last year, Owen Schmitt and Peyton Hillis went in the 5th and 7th rounds. So yes, no sooner than round 5 at earliest.

Also, any fullback taken would be expected to play special teams.

Finally, despite what the Bills say (and they've vacillated in their statements about the fullback's role the last two years) the fullback for whatever reason has a limited role in this offense. So a skilled fullback may not be as valuable as a glorified pulling guard in the backfield. Especially if the O-line situation proves to be an area of weakness, which unfortunately is a possibility.

The top two fullbacks last year, Owen Schmitt and Peyton Hillis went in the 5th and 7th rounds. So yes, no sooner than round 5 at earliest.

Also, any fullback taken would be expected to play special teams.

Finally, despite what the Bills say (and they've vacillated in their statements about the fullback's role the last two years) the fullback for whatever reason has a limited role in this offense. So a skilled fullback may not be as valuable as a glorified pulling guard in the backfield. Especially if the O-line situation proves to be an area of weakness, which unfortunately is a possibility.

:nana: certainly a "possibility"... :lol:

I'm guessing Darryl "Moose" Johnston who came from the Big East was not much of a fullback huh? How many other big name FB's from the Big East are out there now or have been. Name some people.

different confrence all together. The Big East today is horrible. Sorry but each year they will get less and less relevant in the BCS, till they are dropped completely.