State of union address for the bills...

But somewhere around July I'll be back on the superbowl bandwagon. I believe it goes something like this...

Shock (November-December)

Denial (December)

Anger And Guilt (December-January)

Despair And Depression (January-May)

Acceptance (June)

Spontaneous Inexplicable Renewal of Blind Optimism For New Season (July-October)

[rinse and repeat]

:blush:

I am not sure the Bills could do anything right, in my eyes, right now... :censored: But, like you, I know I will be on board the closer the season comes... it just makes the year so much more bareable... the Bills never really change, and neither does my relationship with them....

This says a few things:

1. Coaching wasnt our biggest problem...no coach can win with that kind of play from the QB.

2. Offense was a much bigger problem than a lackluster pass rush.

3. Our QB's need to get better for this team to be good next year.

Our D was solid last year, espeically considering how long and often they were on the field when our offense couldnt do squat over this stretch, not to mention all the injuries. With a better showing from the offesne, our D has the potential to be top 10. And for the record, this list wasnt even all the bad games played by our QB's, just a highlight of the 8 games immediately following our 5-1 start.

Agreed that Edwards had some stinker games.....too many. But with championship caliber teams, when one unit falters, the other unit picks up the slack. Buffalo's D does NOT have the depth or ability to make up for offensive mistakes. The D gave up 7, 8 and 9 minute 4th quarter game killing drives. Neither has the offense shown the ability to march down the field and score to make up for a defensive lapse. The offense was worse than the defense down the stretch, but at this point, neither one has the ability to cover for the other. Unless either the offense or the defense shows the ability to be able to take over and dominate the game, this team has to have all cylinders firing, all of the time.

piss poor OL play will sure have an impact

a big question mark at C, a gaping hole at LG, and a holdout at LT do not bode well for much improvement in the offense- regardless of TO and JP

Great points - but I've asked you this before: Why did you pirate my forum name?