Alex Mack

abqmarko

Buffalo has disregarded the OC positon since the days of Kent Hull and the result has been a consistent eyesore on every offensive line since. This year we now have OC/OG Hangartner who was 2nd string behind Ryan Kalil a second round pick and above average OC but not a top 10 center. This draft we have the opportunity to get a very SOLID center in Alex Mack or Eric Wood both of whom should surpass Kalil in their second year in the league. There may be 2 other OC candiates in the 3rd round who might be available but I see these top two as having the greatest potential with the least risk. I just hope the Bills brass anticiaptes this opportunity and picks one of those two players-both of whom can start at guard before sliding over to center. We could concievably trade down and take Mack with a later 1st round selection and get an additional second then go heavy D in the second round or hope Eric Wood falls to us in the second round-either way we need one of these young centers. The Bills lack of signing a veteran OG/OC outside of Hangartner leads me to think they may be thinking rationally on this issue whichis a little shocking, (compared to the last ten years of drafts lacking any logial OL pick).

Buffalo has disregarded the OC positon since the days of Kent Hull and the result has been a consistent eyesore on every offensive line since. This year we now have OC/OG Hangartner who was 2nd string behind Ryan Kalil a second round pick and above average OC but not a top 10 center. This draft we have the opportunity to get a very SOLID center in Alex Mack or Eric Wood both of whom should surpass Kalil in their second year in the league. There may be 2 other OC candiates in the 3rd round who might be available but I see these top two as having the greatest potential with the least risk. I just hope the Bills brass anticiaptes this opportunity and picks one of those two players-both of whom can start at guard before sliding over to center. We could concievably trade down and take Mack with a later 1st round selection and get an additional second then go heavy D in the second round or hope Eric Wood falls to us in the second round-either way we need one of these young centers. The Bills lack of signing a veteran OG/OC outside of Hangartner leads me to think they may be thinking rationally on this issue whichis a little shocking, (compared to the last ten years of drafts lacking any logial OL pick).

:thumbdown::lol::lol:

How in the world can you make the staement: Alex Mack or Eric Wood both of whom should surpass Kalil in their second year in the league. Are you a soothe sayer ??????" Come on man ! Your blowing smoke !!! Take another SWAG.

I've never seen "OC" used before to refer to a center; it's usually a reference to an "offensive coordinator," isn't it? (Or to "Orange County" :thumbdown: )

Yeah, but some people like to use it for "offensive center" and "offensive guard." There's no such things as a "defensive center" or a "defensive guard," although occassionally "nose guard" is used for a 4-3 DT which I think it stupid, personally.

And watch as Brady picks us apart opening night because we can't get anywhere near him.

Sadly, unless Bruce Smith and his time machine are available at #11, nothing is going to change that. C is just as important as DE for the long term and draft picks should always be viewed as long term solutions, not instant help. This is why the lack of building blocks in free agency is somewhat frustrating.