Close but no cigar for the Wolverines

LewPort71

I know I've talked him up on here before, but I'm really impressed by Keith McShea's work on preps for the Buffalo News.

Here's his live blog of the Falls-Newburgh championship game, and the game story in today's print edition.

(And after providing a free ad, I can go bust on him about beating him in our NCAA brackets with a clear conscience. Wake Forest to the Final Four, Keith? Really? <_<)

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/gnns...eyword=topstory

NFHS Wolverines shoot ice cold in the state championship game.

Damn. They were just starting to show up in the national rankings, too. But, I guess they just didn't have the juice, this year.

Still, a hell of a run for NFHS. Flynn and Harris are still playing.

What I am amazed at, is there were only 2500 in attendance.

In NYS one of the more populous states...

In WV there were 7000 in attendance at the finals of the boys hoops.

Alas, the HS my dau's graduated from were not in the championship game.

Since 1950, the local school has won 16 championships amongst the large

schools...

Frank Dinnocenzio, a 1982 graduate of LaSalle High School, led Newburgh Free Academy to the Class AA state boys basketball championship Sunday afternoon. The school his Goldbacks of Section IX beat — Niagara Falls.

As a NF native I'm disappointed that they lost, but as a LaSalle grad it makes me smile a little to see the Explorers are still giving NFHS fits.

Frank Dinnocenzio, a 1982 graduate of LaSalle High School, led Newburgh Free Academy to the Class AA state boys basketball championship Sunday afternoon. The school his Goldbacks of Section IX beat — Niagara Falls.

As a NF native I'm disappointed that they lost, but as a LaSalle grad it makes me smile a little to see that Explorers are still giving NFHS fits.

:thumbdown: