Missing Peerless?

tornado681

Up to this point in the season, P. Price has 21 recep. for 386 yds and 2tds (both of which came this past week). He's on pace to finish with 42 receptions and just under 700 yards. These numbers will be worse than the year before, a year when no Vick was throwing to him. Either Price is overrated or he isnt fitting into the west coast offense ATL is using.

Basically we got McGahee for Peerless and didnt have to overpay for him like we knew so many teams were going to do.

Looks like a great move by Donahoe to me...

I remember an interview with Price last year. He told reporters he couldn't handle the double team, and wanted to move back to the slot like in Buffalo. Simple point, Peerless is a number 2 receiver making number 1 money. It's nice to have an Eric Moulds on the other side which teams focus on.

I believe peerless could be a decent #1 receiver with a qb who could feed him the ball on a consistent basis. Fact is vick does not have the accuracy to do this. He's a great athlete with a cannon but no accuracy. Put Matt Schuab in that offense and within a year price will be putting up pretty good stats. Sure he's not a top receiver but he could be good enough, with a better qb for that system.

I believe peerless could be a decent #1 receiver with a qb who could feed him the ball on a consistent basis.  Fact is vick does not have the accuracy to do this.  He's a great athlete with a cannon but no accuracy.  Put Matt Schuab in that offense and within a year price will be putting up pretty good stats. Sure he's not a top receiver but he could be good enough, with a better qb for that system.

97729[/snapback]

Like Bledsoe? Price is NOT a #1 WR. He needs another WR drawing the opponent's top CB, if not a double-team, to thrive. As for Vick, the excuse LAST year was that Price suffered because he didn't have him. Now that he has him, it's no different, if not worse (Vick better than Doug Johnson?!). But at least he's getting paid, even though his hometown fans, and probably some of his teammates, hate him.

Jury is still out on Willis and we still don't have a #2 receiver to go with Moulds. Evans hasn't proven anything yet and Willis looks to be a good pick but we will have to wait and see. I'm not sucking Donahoe off just yet.

I would love to still have Peerless on this Bills team! We could have drafted a TE or guard with that #1 pick a year ago.

Jury is still out on Willis and we still don't have a #2 receiver to go with Moulds. Evans hasn't proven anything yet and Willis looks to be a good pick but we will have to wait and see. I'm not sucking Donahoe off just yet.

I would love to still have Peerless on this Bills team! We could have drafted a TE or guard with that #1 pick a year ago.

97807[/snapback]

And been in major cap trouble again. No thanks. I like what I've seen of Willis and Evans, and just think that both need more time and a better O-line situation.

I am a TD "Hater" but gave him props for that move.

97732[/snapback]

ICE, my man...you're not a TD hater. I"ve read many posts by you that discredit any claim on your part to belong in that camp. Most recently the post in which you recounted how you met him and he (somehow) recognized your home state...ostensibly because of your involvement here. I still can't fathom that, if it's true...but hey.

I've spoken with Tom Donahoe on several occasions so I'd believe it.

97807[/snapback]

WTF? We still don't have a #2? His name is Lee Evans and he has a 24 yard per catch average. He's only dropped one ball this season, and he's the main reason Moulds is having a terrific season again (hell, if Moulds holds on to a few more balls he'd be having a career year). Lee has caught every bomb pass this season and was wide open on the first play sure touchdown against the Dolphins but Drew overthrew him. The fact that he's still a rookie should also tell you something about his ability. After last year's horrific dropped ball after dropped ball from Reed you have the gall to dis a playmaker like Evans??? I want you to explain why you think Evans isn't our #2 receiver.

I personally don't care what Price has or hasn't done in Atlanta. He became a good player in Buffalo in his last year here.

That said, I fully supported the move at the time because he wanted too much money and I don't think you need 2 WR's making that kind of dough. I was assuming they would be smart and spend that $ on OL.

However, after spending 2 high draft picks on WR's since - I think they might as well have kept Price if TD considered a #2 WR THAT high of a priority.

I personally don't care what Price has or hasn't done in Atlanta.  He became a good player in Buffalo in his last year here. 

That said, I fully supported the move at the time because he wanted too much money and I don't think you need 2 WR's making that kind of dough.  I was assuming they would be smart and spend that $ on OL. 

However, after spending 2 high draft picks on WR's since - I think they might as well have kept Price if TD considered a #2 WR THAT high of a priority.

98092[/snapback]

Evans has the potential to be a #1 WR. And he and Reed put together are still less than half of what Price would have cost.