Kelsay ... Ed Block Courage Award ... What?

ChasBB

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the f*ck guys...seriously, what the f*ck is wrong with you people? This award clearly has NOTHING to do with achievements on the field, it is just a reflection of Kelsay as an excellent human being. If you know anything about the guy, you know that he is an upstanding member of the community, he's one of the team's emotional leaders, and he plays the game of football the right way, even if he's been lacking in success.

I am getting so tired of the hate mongering around here. The dude wins an award for being a great guy and this is what he gets...

These are the exact same people who would have been ragging on the production of Justin Banaan and Jim Leonhard when they are Bills and then lamenting the front office when they have some success elsewhere surrounded by all-pros. I can only guess that trying to find the "ultimate insult" is a quest that keeps them busy and satisfied in life. Either that or they are people who think Jim Rome is funny.

These are the exact same people who would have been ragging on the production of Justin Banaan and Jim Leonhard when they are Bills and then lamenting the front office when they have some success elsewhere surrounded by all-pros. I can only guess that trying to find the "ultimate insult" is a quest that keeps them busy and satisfied in life. Either that or they are people who think Jim Rome is funny.

Well put Yoho.

Well put Yoho.

Sorry all. No, I don't get great satisfaction out of ripping players/people. I just miss having a Bruce Smith type of DE. It's a serious need and Bills can forget about any kind of serious run in the playoffs until they address this need. Maybe I picked the wrong entry point (the Ed Block Award) to bash a player, but Kelsay really is a backup-caliber player and he's way overpaid given his contributions on the field.

As for Jim Rome, don't know -- never even listened to the guy before. I'm not a sports addict. I'm not even much of a football fan -- if the Bills are not on TV, I'm not overly interested in watching. I'm just a Buffalo Bills fan and I want them to win a Super Bowl.

Maybe I picked the wrong entry point (the Ed Block Award) to bash a player

That's what we're saying. Moronic bashing, at every turn, is stupid and useless. This award has nothing to do with his play, yet, because you are frustrated, you chose this time to bash a dude being honored for being a good human.

That's what we're saying. Moronic bashing, at every turn, is stupid and useless. This award has nothing to do with his play, yet, because you are frustrated, you chose this time to bash a dude being honored for being a good human.

I know there are about 5 people on this board that appreciate what you have to say, but even those few have to be sick of your holier than thou BS. The Dean always feeling the need to play traffice cop on TBD. It's a meesage board and people can say whatever the hell they want.

I know there are about 5 people on this board that appreciate what you have to say, but even those few have to be sick of your holier than thou BS. The Dean always feeling the need to play traffice cop on TBD. It's a meesage board and people can say whatever the hell they want.

Works both ways. I may have come on too strong, if so, then it's my bad. I apologize. But, I don't apologize for my sentiment.

Good forums, like this one, are communities. In a community, people with a sincere interest in "quality of life" in their community, work together to try to set, and enforce, a set of values. So, consider me part of the neighborhood watch.

Works both ways. I may have come on too strong, if so, then it's my bad. I apologize. But, I don't apologize for my sentiment.

Good forums, like this one, are communities. In a community, people with a sincere interest in "quality of life" in their community, work together to try to set, and enforce, a set of values. So, consider me part of the neighborhood watch.

Values on a forum? Thats new. I just think that you pick and choose a little bit to much. If you are going to be the Paul Blart of TBD, don't be so selective.

Values on a forum? Thats new. I just think that you pick and choose a little bit to much. If you are going to be the Paul Blart of TBD, don't be so selective.

:ph34r: I'm guessing that remark is funnier than the whole movie. Well done!

But, not to belabor this, one HAS to be selective, or you become a blathering old lady, yelling at kids tossing the ball in the street.

So, I try not to care if a guy keeps his lawn longer than everyone else's...really, who cares. But if he's dealing crack all night, and keeps broken down wrecks on his front lawn, and his music blaring at 3 AM, most nights, I try to speak up.

But, if you're noticing, perhaps the sensitivity on my monitor has been set too high, recently.

Still, I think a guy calling a Bills' player a POS, because he won a humanitarian award, but hasn't played well, is deserving of a B word slap. And, it's hard to resist commenting on a post that announces itself as different than any of the 3,000 threads already started on the same topic...when, in reality, it is precisely the same as those threads. Anyway, I probably could have passed on the Peters' thread.

Thanks for the input.

I enjoy moronically bashing players.

so...

We know he will never win the "Shed Block" award.

Ahhahaha! No, I'm not a real fan! I eat babies! In your face, angels!

But, you see, THAT'S funny!

I, for one, appreciate The Dean's comments. I find them generally insightful and thoughtful. Even though you attacked me on this point -- maybe justifiably, maybe not -- not concerned about it, that's what the board is all about -- give and take. I'm cool with it.

But, you see, THAT'S funny!

Thanks for the clarification The Dean.

Attention all TBD members! If you were not a member before The Dean you must now submit all posts to The Dean to be proofed. IF THEY DO NOT MEET HIS CRITERIA, ie, A MEAN COMMENT ABOUT AN OVERPAID BLOCKING DUMMY OR ANYTHING CRITICIZING DONTE WHITNER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST HERE AGAIN (That is of course if you don't care what The Dean says). Email all submissions to paulblart@TBD/POLICE.com

The Dean thanks you for your understanding.

Thanks for the clarification The Dean.

Attention all TBD members! If you were not a member before The Dean you must now submit all posts to The Dean to be proofed. IF THEY DO NOT MEET HIS CRITERIA, ie, A MEAN COMMENT ABOUT AN OVERPAID BLOCKING DUMMY OR ANYTHING CRITICIZING DONTE WHITNER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST HERE AGAIN (That is of course if you don't care what The Dean says). Email all submissions to paulblart@TBD/POLICE.com

The Dean thanks you for your understanding.

:wallbash:

I'm glad we have all that straightened out.

The Dean is always welcome in my huddle.

Thanks, SJB.