Haynesworth faces charges of reckless driving

Astrobot

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges in Tennessee after an accident that seriously injured another driver.

District Attorney Kim Helper says Haynesworth faces charges of reckless driving and having expired registration.

Haynesworth, a former Tennessee Titan who signed with the Redskins last month, was released after surrendering Wednesday. Maximum punishment is six months in jail and a $500 fine on the reckless driving charge and 30 days and a $50 fine for the other charge.

The charges come from a Dec. 13 incident in which police say Haynesworth was trying to pass another driver, who crashed into a concrete median.

Haynesworth's agent didn't immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

Considering people think Lynch should be suspended for his first arrest and misdemeanor conviction, I can only assume people think the same for Haynesworth.

I find it very difficult to root for a guy who vertically stomps another unprotected player in the face with his cleats.

I find it very difficult to root for a guy who vertically stomps another unprotected player in the face with his cleats.

It was despicable. But from what I understand, it was out of character for him and he learned from it.

It was despicable. But from what I understand, it was out of character for him and he learned from it.

I don't know where you heard that VOR. His history doesn't make it seem like it was out of character for him. As I posted last month before free agency:

Albert Haynesworth's problems:

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year (the second while on probation for the first one)

Kicking Titan teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest in 2007

Stomping on Andre Gurode's head in 2006

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

Attempting to attack a teammate with a pole at the University of Tennessee

Perhaps he has changed. But it's still too early to give him the benefit of the doubt IMO.

I don't know where you heard that VOR. His history doesn't make it seem like it was out of character for him. As I posted last month before free agency:

Albert Haynesworth's problems:

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year (the second while on probation for the first one)

Kicking Titan teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest in 2007

Stomping on Andre Gurode's head in 2006

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

Attempting to attack a teammate with a pole at the University of Tennessee

Perhaps he has changed. But it's still too early to give him the benefit of the doubt IMO.

Haynesworth has been indicted on his March, 14th traffic infraction that's not going to sit well with RG.

Some of those infractions go back to 2006 and I don't know how long ago Goodell takes past behavior into account but I'd think this will be at least a four game suspension and possibly a year.

All of those who pleaded here for the Bills to sign him should be eating some crow about now. Many people here said that he was on the verge of another possible year suspension if he did anything again. If he does get the suspension then Snyder is effed on the signing bonus. Michael Vick got to keep his signing bonus even after his dog conviction.

Very glad the Bills passed on this walking time-bomb.