Has the Opportunity to Get Good Quality Veterans Passed the Bills?

Kenwick

I see other teams picking the best of the quality free agents while the Buffalo Bills sit and wait. Wait for what? More Mediocre players?

They have important pieces to fill in if they are to be contenders. If the offense is to click they must have a high quality starting LG and a pass catching TE.

They desperately need a pass rusher either at OLB or DE......

Then there is the matter of depth on the offensive line.......

Jauron wants a veteran running back......

I hope the Bills do not plan on using just draft picks to fill in the holes.

Then there is the matter of getting Jason Peters signed. The guy should be making what the other OLT's are making.

And what about RB Jackson..... He will have to carry the team on his back most likely for the first 4 games when running the ball .....

Who knows if Marshawn will be around those games... Are we going to only pay him the little bit they offered him? Cheap...Cheap...Cheap

Get those guys signed........to better and competitive contracts and get it over with .......

So far even with the addition of T.O. I am disappointed with the front office..... So little communication from them to let the fans know anything to give them hope that they too want to make the playoffs ....... They are masters of discuise....

I see other teams picking the best of the quality free agents while the Buffalo Bills sit and wait. Wait for what? More Mediocre players?

So far even with the addition of T.O. I am disappointed with the front office..... So little communication from them to let the fans know anything to give them hope that they too want to make the playoffs ....... They are masters of discuise....

First off, what the hell is discuise?....

Secondly, I agree that we need a pass catching TE and a better pass rush, and need to sign some guys long-term, but what is the hurry? I don't see many veteran players being plucked form FA right now. And if they were going to be such a great fit at the contract that they want, wouldn't they already be signed? Calm down a little and try to enjoy what we have going on and the rest will pan out how it would anyways.

First off, what the hell is discuise?....

Secondly, I agree that we need a patch catching TE and a better pass rush, and need to sign some guys long-term, but what is the hurry? I don't see many veteran players being plucked form FA right now. And if they were going to be such a great fit at the contract that they want, wouldn't they already be signed? Calm down a little and try to enjoy what we have going on and the rest will pan out how it would anyways.

he meant diskuise..duh

They have important pieces to fill in if they are to be contenders. If the offense is to click they must have a high quality starting LG and a pass catching TE.

They desperately need a pass rusher either at OLB or DE......

Then there is the matter of depth on the offensive line.......

Jauron wants a veteran running back......

I hope the Bills do not plan on using just draft picks to fill in the holes.

Then there is the matter of getting Jason Peters signed. The guy should be making what the other OLT's are making.

And what about RB Jackson..... He will have to carry the team on his back most likely for the first 4 games when running the ball .....

Who knows if Marshawn will be around those games... Are we going to only pay him the little bit they offered him? Cheap...Cheap...Cheap

Get those guys signed........to better and competitive contracts and get it over with .......

Who do you suggest? In this entire rambling post you don't list one free agent player. You're simply making hasty, little-thought generalizations that provide no answers. Instead of complaining, how about offering a solution.

I've got news for you: after the first week of FA, it's pretty much lesser priced players anyway. There aren't many decent NFL starters hanging around waiting for a big pay day. That money has already been spent and teams are probably turning their attention to the draft.

Besides, negotiating contracts isn't an overnight thing. Schobel waited 6 months for his deal two years ago, and Evans waited about 7.

Yes, very panicky and rambling post.

One area the Bills could still improve without spending a draft pick is (drum roll please) 3rd string running back. It is a need, albeit not a huge one.

Still available out there:

Warrick Dunn

Rudi Johnson

DeShaun Foster

Reuben Droughns

Patrick Cobbs

Not an exciting group by any means but any one of these players would probably be an upgrade over Omon.

By the way, there's plenty of places on the web to get information on free agents still available. One need only make an effort.