Nick Bakay on SNR at about 11:42PM - edit - must be at midnight

bbb

He's up next on Todd Wright's show. Just go to sporting news radio's website and listen live.......he's going to be on to talk about TO and the Bills. Should be good.

edit - he's not on now, so he must have said he'll be the next segment, after midnight.

He's up next on Todd Wright's show. Just go to sporting news radio's website and listen live.......he's going to be on to talk about TO and the Bills. Should be good.

edit - he's not on now, so he must have said he'll be the next segment, after midnight.

My first reaction: Todd Wright still has a radio show? He and Colin Cowherd have to be two of the most useless sports radio hosts I can remember, on a national level. Saying a lot I know. The guy who replaced on the ESPN overnight is pretty bad too. Sorry....

What did Bakay have to say?

My first reaction: Todd Wright still has a radio show? He and Colin Cowherd have to be two of the most useless sports radio hosts I can remember, on a national level. Saying a lot I know. The guy who replaced on the ESPN overnight is pretty bad too. Sorry....

What did Bakay have to say?

Pretty much what we're all saying.....Frees up Evans. We had nothing to lose - we've been winning 7 games a year........Turns out Todd was the first to call him. Todd said when he was shocked by the news Sat. he called his four big Bills fans friends, and Nick he had to leave a VM for. Turns out Nick was on vacation in the Caribbean with Robin (nice!) and had no idea and Todd's message was breaking the news to him. He said he was then deluged with calls.

I am a very big fan of Todd's. The guy who replaced him, Jason Smith, is so friggin bad it's ridiculous.......I'm not much of a fan of Cowherd. I think he's pretty good at what he does, but I think he's an arrogant ahole.

I am a very big fan of Todd's. The guy who replaced him, Jason Smith, is so friggin bad it's ridiculous.......I'm not much of a fan of Cowherd. I think he's pretty good at what he does, but I think he's an arrogant ahole.

I haven't heard him in some time, but I remember his overnight show on ESPN was just so repetitive and he was so self absorbed. I liked the fact that he was a hockey fan, but all he would do was interview guys named Todd, from different teams arount the leauge, and ask them the most inane questions. Here is a typical list of questions from him, say interviewing Todd Bertuzzi

"What was it like growing up with the name Todd?"

" Did other kids always try to rhyme your name with other words, like "Todd the Clod?"

"If you could choose between growing up with the name Todd or Chad, which would you choose?"

"How many other kids did you know named Todd, when you were growing up?"

"Was there ever any guys named Todd in your jounior leagues that you had to fight?"

"One last question Todd, who would you rather spend you down Todd time with...Britany Spears, or Alyssa Milano?"

I am not even exaggerating. He had some weekly half hour segment where he would talk on the phone to some guy who played for the LA Dodgers (his first name was Todd, can't remember his last name, maybe Todd Helton?) who owned a 24 hour car wash in LA. They would talk about things like Britany Spears (Wright was almost as obsessed with her as he was with his own first name), "Saved By the Bell"... it was one of the worst radio shows ever, I swear. And it wasn't just every now and again, it was the same routine every frigging night...stupid game show segments that went on for ever, where it was apparent the callers rarely understood the rules.... :thumbsup: At the time, it was the only nighttime sports talk show we could get her in Austin. The Sports Center updates every 8 minutes, were the only saving grace...

It was brutal... I remember emailing him a few times, telling him as much...he told me something to the effect, "If you don't like Todd, don't listen to Todd !@#$!" I got him back though... I called up his show one night, and won his personal tickets for a Cowboys/Raiders game. Excellent seats! He had Cowboys season tickets, and would fly to Florida for the games. If he couldn't use them, he would give them away as prizes on his show... I felt kind of bad... but it was kind of funny at the same time! :(

Todd Wright "Up All Night" indeed....last time I saw him, he was doing a Flroida State college football show on one the Fox Sports South affiliate....