AFC East Viewpoint on T.O. and Evans

Nobody here had gone trolling on the other message boards about what they thought about facing Evans and TO twice a year. I thought I might see some "we're F(*(*&ed!" messages, but I couldnt find anything on the Pats* board and didnt bother to look on the Fins. But the Jets fans seem pretty cocky about the whole thing:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=43385

"I think it will be a good battle.

I would man Revis on T.O, Lito on Lee, Lowery on Reed. Kerry deep the way Ed Reed did when ravens played the cowgirls. With rolling help to Lito side.

Thoughts."

Lito on Lee Evans? :P:lol:

and

"lito and safety on TO, revis on evans"

And the last one made me laugh. Revis is damn good, but single coverage on Evans? I laughed on that one for about 20 minutes.

Anybody have any thoughts on what these other fans are thinking? I know from what I've looked there were a serious amount Pats and Jets fans that really wanted their teams to go after Owens, and now that he's signed with the Bills, they're saying they didnt want him anyhow.

Anybody find anything else to post on here?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant play man against either guy. You just cant........

However, I do respect the hell outta Revis & Lito, both great players!

Bottom line we need to get the OL right, or else it wont matter who we have at WR!

Our potentially suitable offensive lineman include:

Peters

Handgarter

Fowler

Preston

Butler

Walker

Chambers

Bell

Whittle

Seems to me, "getting the OL right" shouldn't be that hard, and isn't that far off.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Revis and the Jets have owned Evans just about every match up...Evans has done squat against the Jets in most games he has faced them...

Well no sh--... John Clayton mentioned the Jets simply double Lee every time. You double Lee, stack the box, and the Bills offense is terrible.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Revis and the Jets have owned Evans just about every match up...Evans has done squat against the Jets in most games he has faced them...

Um, what matchup are you talking about? How about how he ripped off that ridiculous catch on Revis in 07 from JP? Lee has had some of his best games against Revis...

07:

WEEK OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD

4 NYJ W 17-14 6 72 12.0 22 0

8 @NYJ W 13-3 5 138 27.6 85 1

And in 06 sans Revis:

3 NYJ L 28-20 8 107 13.4 27 0

14 @NYJ W 31-13 2 91 45.5 77 1

Yeah Revis had Evans number last year, but he had a safety over the top the whole game...its going to be different this year

Evans and Owens can beat their CBs by 5 steps... the thing is... Edwards need to get the ball to them. I really hope he does.

This makes me nervous. I got excited about the TO signing then started to think of actuality instead of potential. It is very possible we have an OC that doesnt know how to use him, and a QB that couldnt get him the ball even if the OC does his job.

This kind of puts a giant rain cloud on the entire signing. No matter who we get its very possible that in Bills fashion they let us down.

Nervous

Um, what matchup are you talking about? How about how he ripped off that ridiculous catch on Revis in 07 from JP? Lee has had some of his best games against Revis...

07:

WEEK OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD

4 NYJ W 17-14 6 72 12.0 22 0

8 @NYJ W 13-3 5 138 27.6 85 1

And in 06 sans Revis:

3 NYJ L 28-20 8 107 13.4 27 0

14 @NYJ W 31-13 2 91 45.5 77 1

Yeah Revis had Evans number last year, but he had a safety over the top the whole game...its going to be different this year

Ok, let me get this straight...you include stats from a year before Revis is even drafted and then compare his rookie year as yet more proof of Lee's effectiveness against him?...not a very good argument. I mean really...I know we are all Bills fans, but that is really stretching...

Last year, as Revis got better in his second year, and that D got better, they completely owned Lee...I care about what the Jets did in 06 and 07 about as much as I care about how they did in 1989 because its equally irrelevant. Especially with the even greater additions to that D and another year under Revis's belt.

And you can say all you want about the safety help, but Revis blanketed Lee all day in 08. FYI, 6 catches for 72 yards isnt that impressive for a #1 WR, so Lee has had one good game out of the last 4 we played the Jets...thats what matters...

The funniest part is that you say "Lee had some of his best games against Revis"...wow, he's had one game in four that were good against him (and it was Revis rookie year and Revis wasnt even on him most of the game), one that was subpar, and two that were TERRIBLE...check your facts again...

No mentions of Hardy or Steve Johnson, huh? I think the AFC East has one, probably two nasty surprises in store for them with these two lining up with TO and Evans.

If Evans, Reed and TO stay healthy how big of a surprise do you think Hardy and Johnson are going to be? Last time I checked there is only one football on the field per play.

Ok, let me get this straight...you include stats from a year before Revis is even drafted and then compare his rookie year as yet more proof of Lee's effectiveness against him?...not a very good argument. I mean really...I know we are all Bills fans, but that is really stretching...

Last year, as Revis got better in his second year, and that D got better, they completely owned Lee...I care about what the Jets did in 06 and 07 about as much as I care about how they did in 1989 because its equally irrelevant. Especially with the even greater additions to that D and another year under Revis's belt.

And you can say all you want about the safety help, but Revis blanketed Lee all day in 08. FYI, 6 catches for 72 yards isnt that impressive for a #1 WR, so Lee has had one good game out of the last 4 we played the Jets...thats what matters...

The funniest part is that you say "Lee had some of his best games against Revis"...wow, he's had one game in four that were good against him (and it was Revis rookie year and Revis wasnt even on him most of the game), one that was subpar, and two that were TERRIBLE...check your facts again...

listen alpha dog, i dont know why youre getting all "ALPHA DOG" on me here.

Obviously 2006 was before Revis was around, but you claimed that the Jets have owned Evans. I refuted that by saying Evans has had some of his best games against the Jets. And he played pretty damn good against Revis in 2007. I don't see how you could disagree with that assessment. Revis played better in 2008, Evans played better in 2007.

Revis is a great CB, but Evans was double and triple covered in our two games against them in 2008. Everyone on offense sucked against the Jets in 2008, I don't think you can put it all on Lee.

And if you remember (or checked YOUR facts), the first Jets game in 2007 when lee had 6 for 72 was Trent's FIRST start. The both played pretty efficient, and I don't think you could have asked for much more from either Trent or Lee in that game. And the second game, how can you not remember that catch on Revis from JP? Revis played great defense, but there was nothing else he could do on Lee's play.

I understand that 2006 and 2007 stats really don't matter too much, I was just using them to say that Lee has had good games against the Jets. Some of his best. Revis got better and shut down Lee in 2008. I don't think it will be the same next year.

And by the way, I think this whole internet macho man BS that you pull on everyone that disagrees with you is retarded. You can get your point across without exploding venom through the keyboard.

If Evans, Reed and TO stay healthy how big of a surprise do you think Hardy and Johnson are going to be? Last time I checked there is only one football on the field per play.

Fair point. But I'm hoping Johnson/Hardy come on strong enough to render Reed obselete. Given Reed's rock solid performance of late, this would be a pleasant surprise.

But then again, what's wrong with throwing the ball 50 times a game, putting up 40 points, and more or less Bellicheating it down our opponent's throats? :thumbsup:

Take the homer glasses off. Evans isn't that good.

Yes, Evans is "that" good IMO, and I think most people would agree. He has not just pro-bowl, but hall of fame talent. He has just had inept quarterback play, offensive line play, and play callers for the vast majority of his career. Not even the best of the best can put up the best numbers that they are capable of in that situation.

Yes, Evans is "that" good IMO, and I think most people would agree. He has not just pro-bowl, but hall of fame talent. He has just had inept quarterback play, offensive line play, and play callers for the vast majority of his career. Not even the best of the best can put up the best numbers that they are capable of in that situation.

The great ones step up and overcome.

IMO, he is Peerless Price version 2.0.

A few upgrades, but not much else.

The great ones step up and overcome.

IMO, he is Peerless Price version 2.0.

A few upgrades, but not much else.

In the past 3 years, Evans has been catching balls from Losman, whose struggles need no introduction, and Edwards in his first dozen starts as an NFL quarterback. In these 3 years he's averaged 1053, over 15 yards per catch, which is very strong, and 5 touchdowns. I would characterize that as "overcoming" just fine. Peerless Price had Eric Moulds, probably the 2nd best receiver in franchise history, across from him during his two above average seasons in Buffalo. Who has Evans had the past three seasons? That is a bad comparison. Lee is also clearly among the handful of receivers that are considered the best deep threats in the NFL, is not afraid to go over the middle even at a relatively small size, has great hands, and has proven that he is also servicable around the end zone. He is a full season of ample quarterbacking play and a legitimate threat on the other side of the field away from putting up numbers that are top-10 in the NFL worthy.

In the past 3 years, Evans has been catching balls from Losman, whose struggles need no introduction, and Edwards in his first dozen starts as an NFL quarterback. In these 3 years he's averaged 1053, over 15 yards per catch, which is very strong, and 5 touchdowns. I would characterize that as "overcoming" just fine. Peerless Price had Eric Moulds, probably the 2nd best receiver in franchise history, across from him during his two above average seasons in Buffalo. Who has Evans had the past three seasons? That is a bad comparison. Lee is also clearly among the handful of receivers that are considered the best deep threats in the NFL, is not afraid to go over the middle even at a relatively small size, has great hands, and has proven that he is also servicable around the end zone. He is a full season of ample quarterbacking play and a legitimate threat on the other side of the field away from putting up numbers that are top-10 in the NFL worthy.

See you lost all credibility. Evans never goes across the middle.