Aaron Schobel radio interview

stevewin

Last season the Bills D was second or third in the AFC in tackles for a loss, I heard this repeatedly over the course of the year. It was not our safeties doing this but (mostly) down to our DL, and then mostly our two DTs, Stroud especially.

DTs do not make THAT many big plays per year, tackles for a loss are normally as good as it gets, and we were very good at that. With Schobel fit (and/or a new pass rushing DE) our D could be close to becoming the unit we would like to see on the field.

So Stroud was not just 'a big name' without the requisite performance. He did well last year.

(And Williams held up his own).

I like Stroud, however last year he was more of a name than an impact player.

Wow, thats crazy. Take Stroud away from that D and it gets ugly. He made K Williams better, never gave up ground in the run game and collapsed the pocket. Its kind of hard to get noticed when your playing next to Kelsey, Denney and Williams!

As far as Schobel goes, I hope he put a little weight on. He looked very skinny a year ago at SJF. I would never doubt the guys motor because he never stops but he is another year older and never was a guy to blow past a tackle. I hope he looks good but he could hit the wall quickly.

Why haven't we restructured him and Kelsey yet?

I think Aaron is being optimistic about his foot in these interviews from what I have seen of him. Having said that, the season is a long way away, and lets not pretend that every NFL player is working hard in the offseason, so he might be just fine for the season opener.

WHAT????

The guy never missed a start until 2008. Not ever. He got injured, and now he's got a lot to prove?

I guess the poster is coming from the point that he has a lot to prove that he is still a good pass rusher....While he has put good #s, Schoebel has never dominated a game or created game winning/changing plays.

I guess the poster is coming from the point that he has a lot to prove that he is still a good pass rusher....While he has put good #s, Schoebel has never dominated a game or created game winning/changing plays.

I disagree with this completly. Even in his "down" 2007 season, he had 5 forced fumbles which are almost by definition game changing plays. He's got 68 sacks in 8 seasons, which to me indicates he is disruptive enough to force teams to gameplan against him, opening opportunities for other players.

I disagree with this completly. Even in his "down" 2007 season, he had 5 forced fumbles which are almost by definition game changing plays. He's got 68 sacks in 8 seasons, which to me indicates he is disruptive enough to force teams to gameplan against him, opening opportunities for other players.

Agreed!