Here is my biggest 'fear' when it comes to T.O.

We all know there are a number of reasons to love this move by Buffalo, and as well as skeptics, as their should be, considering T.O's antics and the state of the Bills at this time.

I think most people should understand that T.O has a 1 year contract, and basically he (and his agent) are smart enough to know he better knot screw this up. Having said this, I have a lot of confidence that T.O will not cause major issues for this reason.

But here is the 'what if' scenario:

T.O catches 75 passes, 1100 yards 10 TD's and the Bills 'Circle Of Trust' says "we need to lock this guy up for 3 more years" and they DO so...to me THAT is when T.O will become a major issue.

Ultimately, this is the perfect ending (at least from my vantage point) to T.O's stay in Buffalo:

1. The Bills make the playoffs in 2009

2. The arrival of T.O elevates Edwards and Lee's games.

3. T.O goes somewhere else, the Bills now truly understand they needed a WR all along and they get another one in 2009 to help Lee and Trent.

The best would be if TO decides he likes it here, it changes him fundamentally as a person, he re-signs after the season for a hometown discount so he can "win three more Super Bowls like this last one", retires and moves here permenantly to open a store on the west side and continue Losman's clean up Buffalo initiative. That's best case scenario right there.

The best would be if TO decides he likes it here, it changes him fundamentally as a person, he re-signs after the season for a hometown discount so he can "win three more Super Bowls like this last one", retires and moves here permenantly to open a store on the west side and continue Losman's clean up Buffalo initiative. That's best case scenario right there.

Now you're just greedy.

He then invests his money in a massive waterfront renewal program that brings new life into downtown Buffalo, prompting even Willis McGahee, recently signed by the Los Angeles Jaguars, to demand a trade to Buffalo. Owens and Kelly announce their purchase of the Buffalo Bills from Ralph Wilson, and sign a 99-year lease with Erie County.

Now you're just greedy.

No matter what kind of numbers TO puts up, he needs to be gone in 2010. If he puts up 1,500 yards this year... good for him and I hope he gets paid by someone else. Trent will then have enough confidence to know that he's capable of being a winner in this league and we should go after a more team-friendly long term solution if Hardy and/or Jackson hasn't proven worthy of a number 2 spot.

He then invests his money in a massive waterfront renewal program that brings new life into downtown Buffalo, prompting even Willis McGahee, recently signed by the Los Angeles Jaguars, to demand a trade to Buffalo. Owens and Kelly announce their purchase of the Buffalo Bills from Ralph Wilson, and sign a 99-year lease with Erie County.

That's about what I was thinking. Maybe somewhere in there Roswell cures cancer too...

b y the time TO leaves, maybe our two young recievers will step up and get better. Steve johnson looks promising and hardy is SUPPOSED to have potential. they might not be as good as TO, but maybe with a little development, they could be a better long term answer. they sure as hell are not the short term answer though