Question Would You Trade Edwards For Cutler

He has a better arm, and the 2009 BUF pass offense will be either bombs to the twin fly pattern queens or behind-the-LOS dumps.

We must talk Turk.

If it was just a matter of arm strength J.P. wouldnt still be looking for a job, the qb position is also mental, and im not sure about Cutlers make up. Besides who said T.E. does not have arm strength?

NO!....the guy has a sub .500 record,and has never been to the playoffs, So you tell me where the upside over T.E. is?....wait did Bill Walsh endorse Cutler?....if he did i change my mind......NOT!

My gosh, this reoccuring argument here about how to compare these QB's is just puzzling...you want to talk about records and playoff appearances, what exactly has Trent done? We havent been to the playoffs either and Trents record isnt so great, so whats your point? And who cares about record between the QB's, I mean seriously, you act if Cutler and Edwards step out onto the field alone. This isnt Golf, its a team sport. So, I guess Drew Brees isnt very good either because he didnt make the playoffs last year, and his overall record isnt very good.

Or maybe, just maybe, record for a QB is not a very good indication of how good a QB is. Denver hasnt made it to the playoffs because their defense is the worst in the league, and depsite Cutler and the offense putting up points, the defense gives up more.

Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB who had over 4500 yards passing last year, a much better TD:Turnover ratio, way more TD's, and MOST importantly has gotten BETTER every year where Trent clearly regressed the second half of last year. Plus he has a stronger arm...so how does he not have upside?

Does it mean Trent doesnt have potential, no. But to say Trent has more upside or is a better QB is ludricris considering Cutler has severly out played Trent to this point and keeps getting better. I seriously doubt there would be even a single team in the NFL, including the Bills, that would choose Trent over Cutler straight up...

My gosh, can your argument here be any more lame about how to compare these QB's...you want to talk about records and playoff appearances, what exactly has Trent done? We havent been to the playoffs either and Trents record isnt so great, so whats your point? And who the hell cares about record between the QB's, I mean seriously, you act if Cutler and Edwards step out onto the field alone. This isnt Golf, its a team sport. So, I guess Drew Brees isnt very good either because he didnt make the playoffs last year, and his overall record isnt very good.

Or maybe, just maybe, record for a QB is not a very good indication of how good a QB is. Denver hasnt made it to the playoffs because their defense is the worst in the league, and depsite Cutler and the offense putting up points, the defense gives up more.

Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB who had over 4500 yards passing last year, a much better TD:Turnover ratio, way more TD's, and MOST importantly has gotten BETTER every year where Trent clearly regressed the second half of last year. Plus he has a stronger arm...so how does he not have upside?

Does it mean Trent doesnt have potential, no. But to say Trent has more upside or is a better QB is ludricris considering Cutler has severly out played Trent to this point and keeps getting better. I seriously doubt there would be even a single team in the NFL, including the Bills, that would choose Trent over Cutler straight up...

wow, dont take it so seriously, it was a joke, meaning neither guy has been in the playoffs. And you tell me this put Cutler on our team last year does he throw for 4500 yards?....do the Bills make the playoffs?.... Did the Broncos have a better OC?....better HC?....more weapons to throw the ball to?...Royal, Marshall, oh and yeah they had a tight end who caught the ball Scheffler?...I value everyones opinion, and to each their own, but im not giving up on T.E. ...besides this is NOT going to happen so the point is moot!

wow, dont take it so seriously, it was a joke, meaning neither guy has been in the playoffs. And you tell me this put Cutler on our team last year does he throw for 4500 yards?....do the Bills make the playoffs?.... Did the Broncos have a better OC?....better HC?....more weapons to throw the ball to?...Royal, Marshall, oh and yeah they had a tight end who caught the ball Scheffler?...I value everyones opinion, and to each their own, but im not giving up on T.E. ...besides this is NOT going to happen so the point is moot!

Sorry if it seemed to serious, more like, "here we go again" with record thing...

I like Trent, and I hope he does well this year and I will still wear his jersey, it just baffles me when people make claims about how he is better than someone like Cutler and point to Cutlers and Trents records as the reason why. Trent's record isnt so great to begin with, but more importantly, a QB's record is an inaccurate way to grade his performance on the field because he does not own that record individually. Football is a team sport and it takes a team to win and it takes a team to lose. Granted, the QB position is the most important on the field as they touch the ball on every play and they do have a bigger impact than any other position in terms of wining and losing, but its still a team win or a team loss. A QB can play great and still lose, and a QB can play terrible and still win...so its not a fair assesment.

Sorry if it seemed to serious, more like, "here we go again" with record thing...

I like Trent, and I hope he does well this year and I will still wear his jersey, it just baffles me when people make claims about how he is better than someone like Cutler and point to Cutlers and Trents records as the reason why. Trent's record isnt so great to begin with, but more importantly, a QB's record is an inaccurate way to grade his performance on the field because he does not own that record individually. Football is a team sport and it takes a team to win and it takes a team to lose. Granted, the QB position is the most important on the field as they touch the ball on every play and they do have a bigger impact than any other position in terms of wining and losing, but its still a team win or a team loss. A QB can play great and still lose, and a QB can play terrible and still win...so its not a fair assesment.

:lol: agreed!

For the record, I actually do think Trent will rebound this year...T.O. suits his QB style very well, and having Peters (hopefully) in camp is going to get our O Line off to a better start. Add in a play making TE, and I think Trent finds a real nice comfort zone out there with all these weapons...