Is TO biggest offseason move in Bills history?

NY Nole

Bledsoe was big, but I think this is bigger. The trade for Cornelius Bennett may be right up. Is this the biggest off-season move in Bills history?

Nope. Not close. When the USFL went defunct and Kelly became available to us we signed him and he came to Buffalo for his news conference.

On the way from the airport to the Hilton people were lining the Kensington Expressway overpasses to welcome him.

You have to understand, this was like the Bills signing Dan Marino. Kelly's legend and mystique only multiplied after the great seasons he had with the Houston Gamblers.

For people who remember that day, I don't think this is close. But it's still a wonderful splash of excitement.

Nope. Not close. When the USFL went defunct and Kelly became available to us we signed him and he came to Buffalo for his news conference.

On the way from the airport to the Hilton people were lining the Kensington Expressway overpasses to welcome him.

You have to understand, this was like the Bills signing Dan Marino. Kelly's legend and mystique only multiplied after the great seasons he had with the Houston Gamblers.

For people who remember that day, I don't think this is close. But it's still a wonderful splash of excitement.

That would be bigger --- wish I could have been part of that.