OWENS IN BUFFALO

I just back from a trip and I have heard it from a couple of people who know I am a big fan of the Bills. When I first saw that we signed him on Saturday, I was in shock. I am for this move. Owens is a great wide receiver. Could we maybe focus on a guard now and sign Peters to a contract extension?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you better buy the team from Ralph, because otherwise I don't think OBD gives a sh-- what you think. For that matter, neither does TBD.

3 years of 7-9, what's the risk? If we're worse, so what. If we're better.......... :blink:

So you don't givea sh-- what I think, but I should give one about what you think...........keep being fickle- I remember all the fans calling OBD and threatening to cancel their season tickets on the day that Doug Flutie was signed........Then he "saved" the team

So I was out of the office yesterday and am back today. I need a podium for my own presser...as the only documented Bills fan in the building, I spent all morning answering question after question from my coworkers about my thoughts on the TO signing. :doh:

My thoughts you might ask... :D:oops:

Does anybody else feel this move smells like DESPERATION?

It feels like the guy who has lost almost all his money gambling and then spends his last dollar on a lottery ticket.

Is this how you build a championship contender?

Well it sure has created some buzz around an organization that has been asleep for a decade.

I'm not gonna argue with you. Dead nut on.

Does anybody else feel this move smells like DESPERATION?

It feels like the guy who has lost almost all his money gambling and then spends his last dollar on a lottery ticket.

Is this how you build a championship contender?

Well it sure has created some buzz around an organization that has been asleep for a decade.

Not even close to desperation. Desperation would have been Galloway or Toomer. I really don't think your analogy is even close. This is a solid #2 receiver, how can you question that? Sure, you can debate his attitude to no end, but you can not dispute his talent. To say that this is desperation move is ridiculous...

Not even close to desperation. Desperation would have been Galloway or Toomer. I really don't think your analogy is even close. This is a solid #2 receiver, how can you question that? Sure, you can debate his attitude to no end, but you can not dispute his talent. To say that this is desperation move is ridiculous...

I would argue that since it is only a one year deal coupled with his history of volatility, it reeks of desperation. I don't expect to have after next year, so this to me is almost like they're saying,"..... hey, why not give this a shot....."?

We're further away than just this one player. I certainly don't argue his ability to contribute, but the rest of the puzzle can't be fixed enough this offseason for him to pay off. So he leaves next year, which he will, and you are back to having a hole there and in all likely hood other holes to fill.

just my opinion.