Chris Brown thinks bills will sign McGee long-term

K-Gun10

McGee’s chances to be re-signed in 2010 better now

By Chris Brown - Posted March 4th, 2009

With the signing of Drayton Florence to terms that are not breaking the bank, Buffalo should be in position to re-sign Terrence McGee next offseason when he’s to become a free agent or sooner.

Had Jabari Greer re-signed with Buffalo for upwards of $6M or more per season, it would have dramatically reduced the chances of McGee re-signing with the Bills after the 2009 season.

The reason why is Buffalo is already heavily invested in Leodis McKelvin. Had they signed Greer to big money, investing heavily again in McGee would be unrealistic because you can’t have too many fat contracts at one position. It becomes cost prohibitive in terms of addressing other positional needs on your team.

I don’t know this, but I always got the sense that the organization valued McGee as a player just a little bit more than Greer. I could be wrong, but perhaps that’s why Greer didn’t find Buffalo’s offer satisfactory.

Tags: Drayton Florence, Jabari Greer, NFL free agency, Terrence McGee

With the signing of Drayton Florence to terms that are not breaking the bank, Buffalo should be in position to re-sign Terrence McGee next offseason when he’s to become a free agent or sooner.

Had Jabari Greer re-signed with Buffalo for upwards of $6M or more per season, it would have dramatically reduced the chances of McGee re-signing with the Bills after the 2009 season.

Yep. I agree. I guess you take the good with the bad because Florence is def a step down (at least we'll have Leodis to start opposite Mcgee)

Yep. I agree. I guess you take the good with the bad because Florence is def a step down (at least we'll have Leodis to start opposite Mcgee)

Greer would have been a luxury signing. I would have been happy if the Bills would have retained him but agree with what has been done.

Greer would have been a luxury signing. I would have been happy if the Bills would have retained him but agree with what has been done.

The part I like least about not signing Greer is actually the trade bait that McGee would have become. I think he could have gotten a 2 this year, which we could have put into the OL or DL. A rookie guard is exactly the type of thing you can use when you have four guys on the OL on their second contracts.

The reason why is Buffalo is already heavily invested in Leodis McKelvin. Had they signed Greer to big money, investing heavily again in McGee would be unrealistic because you can’t have too many fat contracts at one position. It becomes cost prohibitive in terms of addressing other positional needs on your team.

I don’t know this, but I always got the sense that the organization valued McGee as a player just a little bit more than Greer. I could be wrong, but perhaps that’s why Greer didn’t find Buffalo’s offer satisfactory.

**cough**Kelsey**cough**Schobel**cough**

Woohoo! :beer:

Florence may regain his San Diego playing form he's only had one bad year and that was under Leggo my Greggo.