Life On Mars

Acantha

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're more like guidelines, really. :lol:

1) Conversation with Earth when it woulf take 20 minutes for a radio signal to travel.

2) Gravity in what should be weightelss space. FYI, the ship was not rotating.

3) Getting up from 2 years of suspended animation like it was an afternoon nap. No atrophy?

Sorry. The finale of Life on mars Rminded me of the Bobby Ewing death dream on Dallas. Lame.

PTR

1) Conversation with Earth when it woulf take 20 minutes for a radio signal to travel.

3) Getting up from 2 years of suspended animation like it was an afternoon nap. No atrophy?

Sorry. The finale of Life on mars Rminded me of the Bobby Ewing death dream on Dallas. Lame.

PTR

Seriously, THAT'S what has you annoyed? That, the technology of today (or yesterday) can't explain the leaps of logic always taken in the Sci-fi genre? Have you no sense of a suspension of disbelief?

1) Conversation with Earth when it would take 20 minutes for a radio signal to travel.

-Why a Radio signal? You can't imagine a time, when that will be a laughable assumption...like now maybe?

-Let's play along...why couldn't their be an inner shell, rotating?

-Again, assuming there has been little technological progress, advanced EMS, perhaps, that works on each muscle while they are in suspended animation?

But, the real point is, in Science fiction, to assume everything in the future is explainable with today's technology and knowledge, is really silly...no?

Nah, I'm just nitpicking with the physics stuff. But I am serious when I say it was a cheesy "Bobby Ewing/Dallas" all-just-a-dream cop-out ending. Remember they were selling us all along that he was from 2008, likely in a coma. You could call this a curve ball, but there are curve balls and then there is just throwing the ball over everyone's heads.

The old doctor drama St. Elsewhere pulled the same crap with their "it-was-all-an-autistic-kid's-dream" finale. Cheap, lame, cop-out.

PTR

Nah, I'm just nitpicking with the physics stuff. But I am serious when I say it was a cheesy "Bobby Ewing/Dallas" all-just-a-dream cop-out ending. Remember they were selling us all along that he was from 2008, likely in a coma. You could call this a curve ball, but there are curve balls and then there is just throwing the ball over everyone's heads.

The old doctor drama St. Elsewhere pulled the same crap with their "it-was-all-an-autistic-kid's-dream" finale. Cheap, lame, cop-out.

PTR

I agree it was a stunt ending. I like it better than most, though.

I finally watching the finale. I thought it was well done. I'm going to miss this show and it's quirky characters! :beer:

Me too. This was one of the few shows I really looked forward to. I liked ending enough, though it's certainly bitter sweet given that it shouldn't be ending at all. And you have to give these guys a bit of leeway, they only had a couple weeks to finish it up. They're really wasn't time to make anything else happen. I figured it would end with a coma scenario, which would have been okay given the circumstances, but I thought this way at least had a little imagination.

If this show had been on 5 years and they ended it so abruptly like that with very little real emotion or story, I would have been a little pissed. But after one season and almost no notice to wrap-up, I'm pretty happy with it.