Looking at the 2009 NFL Draft

9. Green Bay Packers select Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

Sorry Bills fans, but Jenkins will be off the board before 11. Green Bay needs some youthful talent in the secondary even though Brian Cushing is a very tempting target for the Pack.

You need to rethink GB. They are now despearte for Dline help.

Sadly they are desperate for defensive help all across the board...

9. Green Bay Packers select Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

Sorry Bills fans, but Jenkins will be off the board before 11. Green Bay needs some youthful talent in the secondary even though Brian Cushing is a very tempting target for the Pack.

Why "sorry Bills fans"?? In what universe were we taking Malcom Jenkins with our first pick??

Wow...Kirwan and Wyche both have Pettigrew dropping out of the first round...I still don't think he gets past Philly unless LJ Smith resigns...if he does he might be able to drop to Buffalo in the 2nd...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I would like to see (Not sure if we have 1 pick in each round, but I am basing it on that)

1. Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC

Sure, we have more pressing needs than MLB, particularly on both lines, but this guy is better than the one we targeted 2 years ago-Patrick Willis. I think he could turn into one of the best LB's we've ever had, and thats saying something. I am pretty sure wherever he ends up, he could be a shoe in for defensive rookie of the year. A hall of famer if he stays healthy. He is the type of player that causes the offense to take extra time before the snap, resulting in delay of game penalties, and he will gum up the QB's reads postsnap, resulting in sacks and turnovers.

2.Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

He is explosive and a penetrator. I'd love to see him paired with Stroud in the middle- that would help free up our sub par DE's to be a little more active. I give is about a 50-50 chance he falls to us.

3. Paul Krueger, DE, Utah

A true rough and ready football player- this guy can play the run pretty well and is a decent pass rusher. He has football smarts.

4. Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Mississippi

Underrated pass reciever that run good routes- due to smarts and quickness. Has good hands. 6-5, 238....good target for Edwards.

5. Augustus Parrish, OT, Kent State

Very athletic, but raw offensive tackle. If he is coached up, could be a good player. Good feet and agility.

6. Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech

Good explosiveness, but needs work

7. Otis Wiley, S, Michigan State

Good Athlete although not great in run support

11 is too early for pettigrew IMO. Cook, Beckum, Coffman will all be available in rounds 2 and 3 and I think any of them can be just as effective.

I hear what your saying, but how can you really say that Cook, Beckum and Coffman can be just as effective as Pettigrew?

Apples and oranges.

In Pettigrew you have a player that can be an asset in every single down, run and pass.

In Cook, Beckum and Coffman they could be slightly better (which I have my doubts) than Pettigrew in the passing game, but they are tremendous liabilities in the run game.

First, Cook in my view, after doing more research on him, has been seen as a disappointment, considering his skill set.

They say he has been questioned by Spurrier for having heart, he never had better than decent #'s, little productivity, and is seen to not only be a bad blocker, but a non willing Blocker.

To me that says. STAY AWAY!! Scratch him off.

Coffman, I like him. I think he will be a good pro. But we know blocking is not a strong suit of his, they say he is a willing blocker, but not an effective one. But the big thing about Coffman is that his speed is the same as Pettigrew's. So I don't see him as having a receiving advantage as far as stretching Defenses up the middle. That in my view make's Pettigrew much more valuable than Coffman.

Beckum is an intriguing prospect. I like him as well, but as an H back, situational player. He has tremendous #'s and production. Very athletic and can stretch the field. But he is 235 lbs, and is not known to play on the line. There is little doubt that he would get manhandled and we would not be able to put him in on many plays.

Remember, we run and pass 50/50 .

I wouldn't be upset if we got players like Coffman or Beckum, but we have to realize that they would not be every down players and would not be effective as blockers, at least not for a good while.

In Pettigrew, you know what you get. Defenses will not be tipped off if we are to be passing or running, he would keep defenses more unbalanced.

To say that these guys would be just as effective, I just don't see it. Pettigrew in my view definitely brings more total value than the players you just mentioned.

But I really hope that we don't consider Cook. He is a work out warrior, but that is about it. He lacks courage, blocking and never has produced up to his talent. Stay away from this one.