Has the front office been fair to Dick Jauron?

Is it fair to give someone a job they are clearly not qualified for? Good business ethics question. I know it's not fair to the Bills, the players and the fans, but I can't really say if it's fair to Jauron.

so bringing a player in, talking numbers and making an offer isnt considered negotiating now? are you serious with this

Real serious, are you serious should be the real question. I can offer you $100 bucks for you car, and leave, and if you want $200 but can't find me to work out a deal, is that negotiating? I don't think so. Negotiating is when you talk back and forth, so far it has been an offer and that is it. Get a dictionary.

As much as I dislike Dick Jauron as our Head Coach, it is unfair to him to have the front office make zero moves to make the team better. I mean, hes on the hot seat we can all agree on that. But at least help the guy with some players. Yeah I know he cant win with good players either, but my point is, the guy has been given zero hope for the 2009 season. Like it or not the man is a human being and this is his job, I would have thought since they supported DJ to stay at least make the team some what better.

I kinda think Jauron is getting a raw deal here.......as much as I dislike him. I think hes being setup to fail big time. More so then he already has.

I dont know how else to explain it. You pretty much tell a guy he has one year to prove himself but yet dont get more players to make the team better....

Im really confused as to whats going on around OBD. But what else is new.

I think your point has some merit. At least up to this point in time. Ralph already came out and said that the Bills didn't have enough talent. Given that statement, the organization hasn't done a whole lot to to address that issue, but I'll qualify that with, "yet".

If, by the start of camp, the organization still hasn't addressed the talent issue in a serious manner, then one would have to question if there was any real meaning to Ralph's statement. Unless somehow, the staff has managed to convince Ralph that the majority of the current players have enough talent already. After all, they did get off to a 5-1 start last season.

But I am one of those people who think that regardless of the players, if there is only one rake on the entire field, Jauron will somehow find a way to step right on it.

Guest dog14787
I was one who thought they should have changed coaches, but you make a very valid point. If the Bills don't make some major moves before training camp, I personally can't hold it against the coach if his team finishes in last place, when he by far, has the least amount of talent in the division. All the other teams in the AFC East are making moves to improve, and all we are doing is cutting players and making even more holes than we already had.

This team is one good draft away from making the playoffs, Dockery was a waste of money and Robert Royal was under appreciated here anyway.

Cheer up Guys.

This team is one good draft away from making the playoffs, Dockery was a waste of money and Robert Royal was under appreciated here anyway.

Cheer up Guys.

Wow, how long...seriously, how long has that same old crap been repeated around here? The Bills will ALWAYS be a year away because they may never get there....

I think your point has some merit. At least up to this point in time. Ralph already came out and said that the Bills didn't have enough talent. Given that statement, the organization hasn't done a whole lot to to address that issue, but I'll qualify that with, "yet".

If, by the start of camp, the organization still hasn't addressed the talent issue in a serious manner, then one would have to question if there was any real meaning to Ralph's statement. Unless somehow, the staff has managed to convince Ralph that the majority of the current players have enough talent already. After all, they did get off to a 5-1 start last season.

But I am one of those people who think that regardless of the players, if there is only one rake on the entire field, Jauron will somehow find a way to step right on it.

I think you're forgetting the fact that Ralph had already given Jauron an extension when he made that statement. I think that Ralph was trying desperately to save face with the bogus claim that there was not enough talent. I will always feel that given the schedule, the 5-1 start and their failure to win not even one divisional game was a clear indication that Ralph made a major mistake in giving Jauron that extension. Ralph had to say something and he certainly wasn't about to blame the coach he foolishly gave a three year deal too. He knows he made a mistake but he was too much of a cheapskate to do the right thing and fire the lifetime loser. The guy does have to try to sell tickets to the 2009 season.

I think you're forgetting the fact that Ralph had already given Jauron an extension when he made that statement. I think that Ralph was trying desperately to save face with the bogus claim that there was not enough talent. I will always feel that given the schedule, the 5-1 start and their failure to win not even one divisional game was a clear indication that Ralph made a major mistake in giving Jauron that extension. Ralph had to say something and he certainly wasn't about to blame the coach he foolishly gave a three year deal too. He knows he made a mistake but he was too much of a cheapskate to do the right thing and fire the lifetime loser. The guy does have to try to sell tickets to the 2009 season.

I didn't take into account the extension issue, that's true. And if I remember correctly, Ralph said there wasn't enough talent, he didn't say what, if anything, he was planning to do about it.

As much as I dislike Dick Jauron as our Head Coach, it is unfair to him to have the front office make zero moves to make the team better. I mean, hes on the hot seat we can all agree on that. But at least help the guy with some players. Yeah I know he cant win with good players either, but my point is, the guy has been given zero hope for the 2009 season. Like it or not the man is a human being and this is his job, I would have thought since they supported DJ to stay at least make the team some what better.

I kinda think Jauron is getting a raw deal here.......as much as I dislike him. I think hes being setup to fail big time. More so then he already has.

I dont know how else to explain it. You pretty much tell a guy he has one year to prove himself but yet dont get more players to make the team better....

Lets examine unfair shall we... Dj doesnt want a back up that thinks their going to take the starters job and still wants a running game when Trent is injured insert Ryan fitzpatrick and you have no worries for Trent and when Fitz is in their hell do more running than passing.

Center had been their biggest weakness- no insert however you say his name at center and you have an instant upgrade over the last three centers we have had.

The left side was suppose to be the strength and no with Dockery gone they will focus on getting an experinced G to help strenghten the left side.

Dj wanted Fred taylor he was brought in But chose to go to a winner somewhat is fault we have 2 running backs and NE well they really had none until he signed better opprotunity all the way around for him.

If they can land coles we will have the possesion receiever we need, there should be fewer doubles on lee and every on else singles they cannot double them both and if the do Reed will be open over the middle.

They let go of Royal which means anyone they sign or draft has the possibility of being better then his overpaid @$$ was.

They are attempting to resign Greer they just have a differnt value for him then what the market will pay not a big deal though I would rather pay him and trade mcgee. Because imho he was the best corner last season.

They only thing not addressed yet is the LB core we need at least 2 and everyone knows we are drafting DL in the draft.

So based on all the above how is it that the front office isnt being fair they are addressing the issues. They have no control over who wants to sign for us or not.

I didn't take into account the extension issue, that's true. And if I remember correctly, Ralph said there wasn't enough talent, he didn't say what, if anything, he was planning to do about it.

I think that it was a throwaway statement that a foolish owner made after jumping the gun by giving a three year extention to one of the worst head coaches in league history. We all know that he'll have no choice but to fire Jauron after the 2009 season. The fans will revolt by slamming their wallets shut if Dick Jauron is kept after a five win or less season. I see a 5-11 record on the horizon and it's going to be an indictment on why coaching is so key to having a winning team or a losing team. I believe that there's plenty of talent here, I also believe Dick's schemes and gameday decision-making are so catastrophically bad that the players really have no legitimate shot of overcoming it. To put it simply, Ralph was full of s__t because he was too cheap to send Dick packing his bags, he couldn't admit his coach did indeed suck and he had to come up with an answer to the direct question.

Yeah it was the FO's fault when he made the dumbest decisions on game day. Get a clue. The guys a loser, always has been always will be. They were 5-1 then skidded to crap!

Guest dog14787
Wow, how long...seriously, how long has that same old crap been repeated around here? The Bills will ALWAYS be a year away because they may never get there....

Well you won't see us buy our way into the playoffs through FA, its just not happening, Its not how the Buffalo Bills work, its not how we have ever worked.

For us to be successful It will take a special core group of high character players to come together and do something starting with the QB, I believe we are real close to having them players. This team wants to win badly, they want to win for the City of Buffalo, for all the Fans, for the head coach and for each other, and one day we will.

I have allot of faith that Trent Edwards will help turn this ball club around and lead us in the right direction and Contrary to what some folks believe around here, we are not the Detroit Lions or Oakland Raiders who seem destined to go on forever as cellar dwellers in the National Football league. :unsure:

Has the front office been fair to the fans?

No not at all.....

But I was just saying with the heat the HC is facing at least put him in a position to win with some help!

And NO Fitzpatrick & Harngartner are not those players to help us win either!

Uh, we already signed players at two of the positions we needed (one of whom might be our long term center of the future, fingers crossed) and we seem to be working diligently on a third one. So how exactly is the front office not helping out?

My point exactly. You just said it yourself. We signed a player we know pretty much nothing about and we are pinning hopes on him being the future center for the Buffalo Bills.......