Sean Jones

He's a free agent and I really don't understand why there has been no news on him, not that I can find at least. Great size (6'1, 225 lbs.), only 26, known as a big hitter with ball skills, I just don't get it.

He has had injury problems in the past (missed his entire rookie season and missed 4 games last year), but played 3 straight 16 game seasons in between and was healthy enough to record 4 ints in the last 6 games of last season.

He is a strong safety and sounds to me like a perfect complement to Whitner, who could move over to free (even though our safeties are apparently interchangeable in our D). What does everyone think? Am I missing something?

He's a free agent and I really don't understand why there has been no news on him, not that I can find at least. Great size (6'1, 225 lbs.), only 26, known as a big hitter with ball skills, I just don't get it.

He has had injury problems in the past (missed his entire rookie season and missed 4 games last year), but played 3 straight 16 game seasons in between and was healthy enough to record 4 ints in the last 6 games of last season.

He is a strong safety and sounds to me like a perfect complement to Whitner, who could move over to free (even though our safeties are apparently interchangeable in our D). What does everyone think? Am I missing something?

Bryan Scott.

And you HONESTLY BELIEVE that Bryan Scott is better than Sean Jones? :thumbdown: .............................. :lol:

How much is he asking for? Cleveland avoided tagging him, because the price tag would have been over 6 million. I know he's currently making over 2 million, but I think his asking price must be substantially more.

Scott is making less than one million this year... but he's not as good as Sean Jones.

And you HONESTLY BELIEVE that Bryan Scott is better than Sean Jones? :thumbdown: .............................. :lol:

Exactly, Bryan Scott's decent but he's not someone that would prevent me from signing a playmaker who could really be a difference maker on defense.

Didn't say that, although I should have elaborated a bit more in my first post. I don't think Bills management will go after another SS because I think they are happy "enough" with Bryan Scott and are going to spread their financial resources elsewhere.

The one player at the top of the target list over at buffalorumblings as the free agency period approached was Sean Jones - the safety from the Cleveland Browns. I have not seen his name mentioned anywhere - no visits to any teams whatsoever! Living down here in Northeast Ohio, I can say that he was dinged up from time to time last year....so I'm not sure if there is something more going on that are turning teams off. Has anyone heard anything about him?

The one player at the top of the target list over at buffalorumblings as the free agency period approached was Sean Jones - the safety from the Cleveland Browns. I have not seen his name mentioned anywhere - no visits to any teams whatsoever! Living down here in Northeast Ohio, I can say that he was dinged up from time to time last year....so I'm not sure if there is something more going on that are turning teams off. Has anyone heard anything about him?

I just read that the patsy's are bringing him in for a visit

Great now the Pats will make that signing. If I were the Bills I would be more than willing to offer him Yeremiah Bell type money (4 yrs, 20 mil). That's not breaking the bank for a guy who seems to me a very good safety, unless there is something I'm missing here.