Bills ready to start Paying Up?

Lets go boys, make some more moves to give us renewed hope. Coles would be nice, Nate Washington maybe. Just do something! We have several needs and the good teams out there are filling some of their holes with free agents, what are we waiting for?

Just do it!

Some of these players would have to want to play in Buffalo before we can throw money at them. The NFL frowns on free agent signings at gunpoint.

PTR

Lets go boys, make some more moves to give us renewed hope. Coles would be nice, Nate Washington maybe. Just do something! We have several needs and the good teams out there are filling some of their holes with free agents, what are we waiting for?

Just do it!

Here is what the Inner Circle-jerks are waiting for: the free agents to sign for what they are willing to pay them. Did Brandon offer contracts to Coles and Taylor? If not, why not? Or, if he did, they certainly were not enough to wow them into siging without ever leaving Buffalo. Either way, it sucks for us as Bills fans. If Brandon let them leave without offering contracts or offering contracts too low, then he is admitting to the players Buffalo does not want them badly enough. Taylor signed with the Pats, maybe Coles will come back to Buffalo, but I can't imagine him leaving Miami without a contract, can you?

So despite the extra cash from Toronto kicking in, Wilson seems to be guarding his bonus money for free agents with his life. That is still the only way to win a free agent auction...bonus money that gets pro-rated for the years of the contract even though the player gets it guaranteed in the first year or two of his deal. Wilson is familiar with it. Dockery was already paid $18 Million by the Bills in only two years. But now, when there is real talent available, the jerks seem to be conservative about spending it like they did in '06 for Dockery and Walker. Maybe it was Marv Levy being around and Wilson trusting him so much that convinced him to spend the money then. Who knows? But after cutting Dockery, it really pisses me off that the Bills wouldn't spend enough to get Taylor and Coles signed while they were here. Four year deals for both of them, even with the Bills overspending, would have been less then what they paid Dockery alone in ''06.

Here is what the Inner Circle-jerks are waiting for: the free agents to sign for what they are willing to pay them. Did Brandon offer contracts to Coles and Taylor? If not, why not? Or, if he did, they certainly were not enough to wow them into siging without ever leaving Buffalo. Either way, it sucks for us as Bills fans. If Brandon let them leave without offering contracts or offering contracts too low, then he is admitting to the players Buffalo does not want them badly enough. Taylor signed with the Pats, maybe Coles will come back to Buffalo, but I can't imagine him leaving Miami without a contract, can you?

So despite the extra cash from Toronto kicking in, Wilson seems to be guarding his bonus money for free agents with his life. That is still the only way to win a free agent auction...bonus money that gets pro-rated for the years of the contract even though the player gets it guaranteed in the first year or two of his deal. Wilson is familiar with it. Dockery was already paid $18 Million by the Bills in only two years. But now, when there is real talent available, the jerks seem to be conservative about spending it like they did in '06 for Dockery and Walker. Maybe it was Marv Levy being around and Wilson trusting him so much that convinced him to spend the money then. Who knows? But after cutting Dockery, it really pisses me off that the Bills wouldn't spend enough to get Taylor and Coles signed while they were here. Four year deals for both of them, even with the Bills overspending, would have been less then what they paid Dockery alone in ''06.

So they should just throw enough money and overspend on those guys just so that they sign here? Do you want a 3rd string RB who may get less then 10 carries a game making more then the 2 guys in front of him? Maybe the Bills made a better financial offer then NE to taylor but he just felt that at his age, and the Pats RB situation was a better situation for him to be in because he has a chance at being the #1 guy there.

Players have to be willing to sign the contract, and not every guy is going to want tosign a deal immediatly, some want to test the market and see what other options are out there. Just because Coles left without signing, it doesn't mean that he isn't seriously considering somewhere where he willbe a #2 or #1b WR in an offence. And who says Miami is a serious contender in signing him? Just becuase Pennington played with him in NY?

So they should just throw enough money and overspend on those guys just so that they sign here? Do you want a 3rd string RB who may get less then 10 carries a game making more then the 2 guys in front of him? Maybe the Bills made a better financial offer then NE to taylor but he just felt that at his age, and the Pats RB situation was a better situation for him to be in because he has a chance at being the #1 guy there.

Players have to be willing to sign the contract, and not every guy is going to want tosign a deal immediatly, some want to test the market and see what other options are out there. Just because Coles left without signing, it doesn't mean that he isn't seriously considering somewhere where he willbe a #2 or #1b WR in an offence. And who says Miami is a serious contender in signing him? Just becuase Pennington played with him in NY?

Yeah, why not overspend on Taylor and Coles enough so that they signed contracts with the Bills without leaving town?

Taylor signed for reasonable money with the Pats, they would not have had to go over that by much for him to sign in Buffalo. And why would he have been considered the number 3 back here? Who knows how many games Lynch will be suspended to start the season, or if the Bills even want him back at all at this point? His case is not settled yet, and the Commissioner has not ruled on him yet. So that makes him number two here at the worst, and I don't think Taylor considers Freddy Jackson to be better then Laurence Maroney, do you? So why would Taylor think he will get more carries in New England then in Buffalo at this point? And after running for over 11,000 yards, why do you think Taylor even wants to be a number one back at his point in his career? No, I have to believe money was his motivation over anything else.

And WHEN Coles signs with Miami instead of Buffalo, you will find out just how serious the Dolphins are a contender for him. And Coles is only 31, and would have been a terrific receiver to line up opposite Lee Evans. For Brandon not to have made Coles an offer he couldn't refuse is just another example of the Bills being cheap. Plain and simple.

Hey, if Coles ends up signing with the Bills, terrific. I'll eat these words. But that won't happen, if I know anything about free agency in the NFL today. Coles needed to sign the deal while he was here.

Yeah, why not overspend on Taylor and Coles enough so that they signed contracts with the Bills without leaving town?

Taylor signed for reasonable money with the Pats, they would not have had to go over that by much for him to sign in Buffalo. And why would he have been considered the number 3 back here? Who knows how many games Lynch will be suspended to start the season, or if the Bills even want him back at all at this point? His case is not settled yet, and the Commissioner has not ruled on him yet. So that makes him number two here at the worst, and I don't think Taylor considers Freddy Jackson to be better then Laurence Maroney, do you? So why would Taylor think he will get more carries in New England then in Buffalo at this point? And after running for over 11,000 yards, why do you think Taylor even wants to be a number one back at his point in his career? No, I have to believe money was his motivation over anything else.

And WHEN Coles signs with Miami instead of Buffalo, you will find out just how serious the Dolphins are a contender for him. And Coles is only 31, and would have been a terrific receiver to line up opposite Lee Evans. For Brandon not to have made Coles an offer he couldn't refuse is just another example of the Bills being cheap. Plain and simple.

Hey, if Coles ends up signing with the Bills, terrific. I'll eat these words. But that won't happen, if I know anything about free agency in the NFL today. Coles needed to sign the deal while he was here.

First, since the bills have not traded, or released (or made any indications thats what there intentions are) Lynch, he would be fighting for carries with 2 other guys the Bills are high on. You think that Fred Taylor is going to be content sittingbehind those 2 guys and MAYBE being bumped up for a couple games IF Lynch does get a suspension, when he can go to NE, a team that is always a contender for the SB with Brady and BB where he will have a chance to be one of the top guys. And yes, I believe that Taylor still wants a shot at being a #1 back, but Ithink he is willing to share the role with someone, and NE gives him a better chance at that then buffalo, where his biggest role will be to mentor the 2 guys ahead of him and be an insurance policy incase Lynch is suspended.

Have the Dolphins set up a meeting with Coles yet? All I have heard is that Chad would like him but won't pressure the FO forhim. Of course it would have been better that if the Bills were really high on him, that they keep him there until he signs on the dotted line, but maybe he still wants to see his options before making a decision?

Why not overspend? Because there are more moves that needto be made, and overspending is what gets you into messes like the Dockery situation

Everyone here is making some big assumptions like the Bills did not make offers to Taylor and Coles, and that all the Bills had to do was offer $1 more to woo Taylor from the Pats*. You read the news stories. Taylor said joining the Pats* was a "no-brainer." He obviously didn't sign for the money. He wants to play for a Super Bowl. As for Coles, what kind of free agent in his right mind takes the first offer he gets? If the Bills offer X, even if X is way over market, do you think Coles would wait and see what other teams will offer him?

Honestly, some of you are worse than colicky babies.

PTR