Coles

zdro22

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot the :rolleyes: ... he's not a midget and I think he'd be an upgrade. The question I have is if our system will allow the QB to get the ball to any WR often enough to matter.

I think Coles can be a great possession receiver opposite the speedy Evans. Very sure-handed.

Some of you guys are RETARDED, I'm sorry.

Remember Jimmy Smith? He caught zero passes in his first two years with the Cowboys. His third season (first with the Jags), he caught 22 balls for 288 yards.

Keenan McCardell had zero catches for zero yards his first year with Washington. He had one catch for eight yards his second season when he went to Cleveland. His third season he caught 13 catches for 234 yards and in his fourth season he caught just ten passes for 182 yards.

Chad Johnson had 28 catches for 329 in his first season with Cincinatti. T.J. Houshmandzadeh had 21 catches for 228 yards in his first season, 41 for 492 yards in his second, and none in his third.

Don Beebe only caught 28 passes for 538 yards over his first two seasons with Buffalo.

Don Hutson - called the greatest wide receiver EVER by some - caught only 18 passes for 420 yards his first season with Green Bay.

Should I go on?

All you freakin' fantasy players and stat nerds. This isn't baseball. Steve Johnson was highly touted out of Kentucky, actually. 7th rounders and undrafted players succeed all the time. Let him compete with Hardy and maybe a FA acquisition. Getting an old speed receiver on the downside of his career isn't the answer.

Look at all the examples you've given where guys didn't do much in their second or third year. And this is your support for the idea that the Bills should rely on Steve Johnson as the second receiver? At least try to find examples that strengthen your point, not undercut it.

Look at all the examples you've given where guys didn't do much in their second or third year. And this is your support for the idea that the Bills should rely on Steve Johnson as the second receiver? At least try to find examples that strengthen your point, not undercut it.

My point was that just because a guy doesn't have a great first season doesn't mean he isn't a good WR. Sorry I couldn't find an exact replica of Steve Johnson's stats in a previous player... :thumbsup:

My point was that just because a guy doesn't have a great first season doesn't mean he isn't a good WR. Sorry I couldn't find an exact replica of Steve Johnson's stats in a previous player... :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to argue that Steve Johnson won't be a good player, I really have no way of knowing. But the examples you give show pretty strongly that even guys who went on to be successful might not show much until their third or fourth year. To me that makes relying on Johnson pretty dicey and I'd like to see the Bills put some effort into getting a guy we can be pretty confident will produce this year and next.

Steve Johnson may well be a great wideout. I really hope he is, and he's shown signs of life. But he's not yet proven himself to be a number 2, and bringing in Coles will give him some time work underneath before moving into the starting lineup. And while Keenan McCardell has 0 catches in his first year in the league, so did Chad Johnson 28, and so on, remember that R. Jay Soward, Troy Edwards, and Peter Warrick also all had disappointing first seasons. It means don't give up on Hardy, it doesn't mean assume that Hardy will be a star.