Sportscenter sunday conversation

rolly

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you people are ridiculous and you all act like you are children. I wanted to come here and discuss politics but instead people bring personal attacks if their opinion differs from yours. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

and the count will be upwards of 2200 deaths, and we will still be faced with yellow, green, turquois, whatever threats every other month. 

I take it you feel safer now that before, huh?

What a joke.

94664[/snapback]

Let see...

New Pro American Gov't in Afgahnistan.... No more terroist camps operating freely

New Pro American Gov't in Iraq.... No more terroist training camps operating freely

Libya has abandoned their WMD program... Agreed to denounce terror and pay damages..

No terroist attacks on U.S, soil since 9/11..... No Embassy's attacked....

Yeah I feel safer.... not safe, but safer,, the bad guys are on the run!!

1100 service dead is tragic but most war planners probably planned for higher numbers. ..

also to quote JFK.... ""Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

Let see...

New Pro American Gov't in Afgahnistan....  No more terroist camps operating freely

New Pro American Gov't in Iraq.... No more terroist training camps operating freely

Libya has abandoned their WMD program... Agreed to denounce terror and pay damages..

1100 service dead is tragic but most war planners probably planned for higher numbers. .. 

also to quote JFK.... ""Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

95835[/snapback]

We should all sit on our couches watching Survivor. That'll ensure a peaceful world.

you people are ridiculous and you all act like you are children. I wanted to come here and discuss politics but instead people bring personal attacks if their opinion differs from yours.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

95807[/snapback]

Pesonal attacks on a message board? My Doctor tells me dont go there if it hurts :lol::doh:

Gee, I bet your college profs are so proud of you.  :doh:

Check back in with us after you've had to earn a paycheck for a few years and are contributing to the funding of the country.

95363[/snapback]

Oh right, because since I'm in college, means I haven't worked during High School or College? I don't understand the value of money?

Get your head out of your ass. Gee, I'm sure everyone who is closed minded and only thinks that their opinion matters are proud of you. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

What point, that I'm 48?

Gee thanks....and I was getting depressed about being 38!  :doh:

95560[/snapback]

Maybe you should go back to college, seeing as you are having a hard time comprehending his point:

Just because someone is younger then you and/or is in college doesn't mean their voice shouldn't be heard.

Let see...

New Pro American Gov't in Afgahnistan....  No more terroist camps operating freely

95835[/snapback]

I hope your head doesn't hurt because you may as well be hitting it against a brick wall. The reality is simply that a lot of the younger voters take a position simply for the sake of taking a position. There is an outstanding chance that most of the brick walls were not aware that Afghanistan had elections, or what that means in terms of the make up of the Middle East. There is so much they don't pay attention to. And it's unfortunately too bad.

Maybe you should go back to college, seeing as you are having a hard time comprehending his point:

Just because someone is younger then you and/or is in college doesn't mean their voice shouldn't be heard.

95968[/snapback]

I didn't take his post that way. I took it as the reformation many college grads have once they're in the working world and have to support a family.

I'm not a youngster..I'm concerned about my social security....taxes..all the basics

95504[/snapback]

Would you then say it's more important for you to maintain your full projected benefits, even if it means higher taxes on the next generation?

Would you then say it's more important for you to maintain your full projected benefits, even if it means higher taxes on the next generation?

96028[/snapback]

I don't want to tax the next generation...but i also don't want to hit 67 and not be entitled to monies i put into the system...GG you know Dona will leave me without my benefits

I don't want to tax the next generation...but i also don't want to hit 67 and not be entitled to monies i put into the system...GG you know Dona will leave me without my benefits

96033[/snapback]

Hang in their buddy. Nobody's taking your SS. It'll be there.

96033[/snapback]

But that's the false bill of goods that you believe in.

Welcome to the legal Ponzi scheme. The money you've been putting in aren't for you. You've been paying you mom's SS benefits and other people of her generation. When it's time for you to head to the dog track, you'll be counting on the stevestojanheads to pay your SS benefits.

The problem is that there are less of them than there are of you. Something WILL have to give. Either they pay a lot more or you take less. The current system is as untenable as 2004-1966=48.

You say that you support Kerry, but he's been very upfront in saying that he won't change a thing about SS, while Bush said that he would like to start reforming the system.

Kerry is taking the classic politician's road - "I'll be long gone from DC when the problem hits the fan."

Whatever you may think of Bush, he has certainly not backed down from difficult and unpopular policies that will benefit the future generations.

Kerry's numbers do not add up, but they do sound a lot better to the uninformed.

But that's the false bill of goods that you believe in. 

Welcome to the legal Ponzi scheme.  The money you've been putting in aren't for you.  You've been paying you mom's SS benefits and other people of her generation.  When it's time for you to head to the dog track, you'll be counting on the stevestojanheads to pay your SS benefits. 

The problem is that there are less of them than there are of you.  Something WILL have to give.  Either they pay a lot more or you take less.  The current system is as untenable as 2004-1966=48.

You say that you support Kerry, but he's been very upfront in saying that he won't change a thing about SS, while Bush said that he would like to start reforming the system. 

Kerry is taking the classic politician's road - "I'll be long gone from DC when the problem hits the fan." 

Whatever you may think of Bush, he has certainly not backed down from difficult and unpopular policies that will benefit the future generations. 

Kerry's numbers do not add up, but they do sound a lot better to the uninformed.

96058[/snapback]

well i do not believe in privatizing SS...that seems to be GW's plan