more WR heights and weights leaked

BuckyFillUps

http://www.nfl.com/combine/players?icampai...tainer-position

All of those are presumably accurate measurements taken at the combine by NFL staff. Trust those numbers over anything you read anywhere else.

FYI, on my computer(s) that page sometimes locks up on the default "By Name" tab. I discovered I could get around that by clicking on "By College" and then "By Position".

One of the measured weights at the combine (from ESPN) was that possible Bills' draftee Brandon Pettigrew is 6 pounds heavier than he was at the Senior Bowl just a few weeks back.

Of course what's the difference between 257 and 263 really (except 6 pounds). It just caught my eye as there are concerns about his speed. You'd think maybe he'd slim down a few rather than bulk up...unless he's been getting ready for the bench press.

WR Crabtree

"Texas Tech wideout Michael Crabtree, who was listed by his school at 6-foot-3, measured nearly two inches below that at 6-1 3/8. That, by far, was the biggest differential in height of those measured over the last two days"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/20/crabtree-d...ite-measure-up/

Seriously though, what is an 1-5/8"? It's nothing that we should be making a big deal out of saying it's causing his stock to drop or anything like that. The guy is GOOD. Period. Weight is an issue I'd be more worried about, like with Pettigrew who's costed himself if he shows a Lindale White esque work ethic.

Seriously though, what is an 1-5/8"? It's nothing that we should be making a big deal out of saying it's causing his stock to drop or anything like that. The guy is GOOD. Period. Weight is an issue I'd be more worried about, like with Pettigrew who's costed himself if he shows a Lindale White esque work ethic.

going from 6'3 to 6'1 with ho-hum speed will hurt his draft position. a big guy( 6'3+) with 4.5 speed is expected. and average siz guy (5'11-6'2) with 4.5 speed needs something REALLY special to separate himself (see Anquan Boldin). Im not saying Crabtree doesnt have it, but he definatley needs to have a huge combine/pro day.

again, Heyward-Bey is gonna rattle some cages this weekend

going from 6'3 to 6'1 with ho-hum speed will hurt his draft position. a big guy( 6'3+) with 4.5 speed is expected. and average siz guy (5'11-6'2) with 4.5 speed needs something REALLY special to separate himself (see Anquan Boldin). Im not saying Crabtree doesnt have it, but he definatley needs to have a huge combine/pro day.

When most NFL corners are in the 5'9-6' range, a 6'1 or 6'2 receiver with 4.5 speed is a mismatch on most days for a corner trying to man up on him.

That whole speed and height stuff really hurt Rice's career.