crabtree

billsyes

measured in a llittle over 6ft.1in-he was supposed to over 6ft. 3 inches-he could drop like a rock because of this issue-do we pull the trigger on him at the number 11 pick if he is available?comments please.thank you.go bills.

I don't understand how this happens so often. Did Crabtree and Texas Tech think that nobody would ever figure out that he's 6 foot 1?

Who cares? That height makes him 2-3 inches taller than our tallest DB. Jerry Rice wasnt 7 foot tall, and he ran a 4.7 forty. I watched college football, and Crabtree is the best no matter what the little numbers on a stopwatch want to say.

Who cares? That height makes him 2-3 inches taller than our tallest DB. Jerry Rice wasnt 7 foot tall, and he ran a 4.7 forty. I watched college football, and Crabtree is the best no matter what the little numbers on a stopwatch want to say.

Exactly. Wayyyyyy too many people around here get caught up in inches and half seconds at the combine. Anyone who would seriously consider drafting Derrius Heyward-Bey ahead of guys like Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, and Percy Harvin have either not watched college football for the past couple of years or simply don't pay much attention to what they are watching. But go ahead, campaign for a guy who is a half inch taller and a two tenths of a second faster than other guys who are better FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It's the Vernon Davis approach.

Exactly. Wayyyyyy too many people around here get caught up in inches and half seconds at the combine. Anyone who would seriously consider drafting Derrius Heyward-Bey ahead of guys like Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, and Percy Harvin have either not watched college football for the past couple of years or simply don't pay much attention to what they are watching. But go ahead, campaign for a guy who is a half inch taller and a two tenths of a second faster than other guys who are better FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It's the Vernon Davis approach.

couldnt have said it better myself

The original question was do we take Crabtree if he falls to us.

He probably won't fall that far but if he does you'd have to consider him. This is a great draft for top end wideouts and in spite of the allergy that teams have developed for taking a WR high, a few of these guys you mention are exceptional talents.

But in answer to the question, it depends on who else is still there. It would be tempting to do it for sure.

As for not running at the combine, he'll run at his pro day so even though they are different venues/surfaces, the scouts will still be able to evaluate his speed. Not running at the combine shouldn't hurt him, unless he runs a poor time at his Pro Day.

The original question was do we take Crabtree if he falls to us.

He probably won't fall that far but if he does you'd have to consider him. This is a great draft for top end wideouts and in spite of the allergy that teams have developed for taking a WR high, a few of these guys you mention are exceptional talents.

But in answer to the question, it depends on who else is still there. It would be tempting to do it for sure.

As for not running at the combine, he'll run at his pro day so even though they are different venues/surfaces, the scouts will still be able to evaluate his speed. Not running at the combine shouldn't hurt him, unless he runs a poor time at his Pro Day.

Just reported in the post above. He's out 10 weeks & needs surgery on his foot.

Well the question then becomes,

Where will he be drafted? or put another way, How far does he slide?

Cause he is gonna slide. Probably not far though. I bet he's still in the first round.

(Wouldn't that be great if he made it all the way to our pick at #42? That would never happen though).

I`d say we grab him no matter what if he falls to us.

Wow,

That would be a bold and controversial move. You would take him over anyone who might be available?

What if (and I know this is very unlikely and hypothetical) B.J. Raji or Aaron Curry happened also to be there?

Regardless, this injury of Crabtree's really thickens the plot.