Who will be the fastest @ the combine?

BuckyFillUps

I gotta go with my favorite WR in this draft Darrius Heyward-Bey. I'll go so far as to say he runs a 4.26. then Harvin 4.30

If DHB is as big as advertised (Crabtree shrunk 2"!!!!) he may go no1 wr if he runs well into the 4.2s. Al Davis bait.

I'd love to have DHB here. if he is 6'3, can jump as advertised, and runs even a 4.3 flat he'd be a sick no 2/ no1. WR

I gotta go with my favorite WR in this draft Darrius Heyward-Bey. I'll go so far as to say he runs a 4.26. then Harvin 4.30

If DHB is as big as advertised (Crabtree shrunk 2"!!!!) he may go no1 wr if he runs well into the 4.2s. Al Davis bait.

I'd love to have DHB here. if he is 6'3, can jump as advertised, and runs even a 4.3 flat he'd be a sick no 2/ no1. WR

Ya I think DHB's stock will sky-rocket after the combine.

Question: Where did you get the info on Crabtree? I thought they didn't do height and weigh-ins yet.

How are DHB's hands?

He has good hands. he fights for balls, has a rumored 40 inch verticle. his big knock is that in a lot of ways hes kind of an unknown. Maryland's offense didnt use him to his potential. I think his is the most physically gifted WR in this draft class. there are pretty good highlight clips of him on youtube.

DHB is fast and so is Harvin, but don't be surprised if Maclin puts up the fastest time in the 40. That's who I'd put my money on. I don't see anyone running a 4.26 40-yard dash. That would be insane. I say Maclin runs a 4.29 or a 4.30, DHB runs a 4.34, and Harvin a 4.32 40. Any way you look at it, all three of those guys can flat out get it on the football field.

This is the first combine at Lucas Oil Field correct?

So, we can assume but don't know for sure, how fast the track is relative to the Hoosier Dome. Should be interesting.

I'm most interested with Brandon Pettigrew's 40 time because:

he's rumored to be under consideration by our beloved's

he's gained 6 pounds since the Senior Bowl

there are concerns about his ability to separate from coverage and stretch the deep middle.

After that I'm most interested in the 40 times for the DE's Brown, Orakpo, and Maybin.

40 times are always fast @ indy.

I think pettigrew runs in the area of 4.6

I dont think that is a terrible time for a TE, but is we want a recieving type TE then maybe we could look elseware, I do love Pettigrews size.

Fast or not, he can get open.

again, 4.6 range for Maybin, Orakpo, and Brown.

My official predictions:

DHB - 4.26

Harvin - 4.30

Maclin - 4.32

Crabtree - 4.57

Britt - 4.49

Beanie Wells - 4.45

Moreno - 4.42

McCoy 4.38

Micheal Johnson 4.58

Orakpo - 4.49

Maybin - 4.59

Brown - 4.62

T.Jackson - 4.75

This is the first combine at Lucas Oil Field correct?

So, we can assume but don't know for sure, how fast the track is relative to the Hoosier Dome. Should be interesting.

I'm most interested with Brandon Pettigrew's 40 time because:

he's rumored to be under consideration by our beloved's

he's gained 6 pounds since the Senior Bowl

there are concerns about his ability to separate from coverage and stretch the deep middle.

After that I'm most interested in the 40 times for the DE's Brown, Orakpo, and Maybin.

I saw in his interview where he said that people are questioning his speed and he wants to go out and run a 4.4 40. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Watching the guy on game film, I'll be surprised if he runs anything better than the mid to high 4.7's in the 40. He just doesn't look that fast to me, at all. He also doesn't look to have the same kind of separation skills and burst out of his cuts as Gresham. He's got a big body that he knows how to use to shield off defenders and good hands, but he is NOT WORTHY of the #11 pick IMO.

I saw in his interview where he said that people are questioning his speed and he wants to go out and run a 4.4 40. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Watching the guy on game film, I'll be surprised if he runs anything better than the mid to high 4.7's in the 40. He just doesn't look that fast to me, at all. He also doesn't look to have the same kind of separation skills and burst out of his cuts as Gresham. He's got a big body that he knows how to use to shield off defenders and good hands, but he is NOT WORTHY of the #11 pick IMO.

We could hope a good LT is still there at 11 and trade down with philly. Get both of their picks. Pettigrew and DHB. I'd cream my shorts.

We could hope a good LT is still there at 11 and trade down with philly. Get both of their picks. Pettigrew and DHB. I'd cream my shorts.

:sick: I think if we trade down it will be to go TE and LB or DE. Everyone on this board though seems to have their favorite players their throwing out there at every chance they get like you. My case is stated in my av for TE and I'd like to have Crabtree if we could get him.

I think our 1st 2 picks will be offense. be it either TE,WR, or WR TE(the crabtree senario) or OL TE.

Our offense didnt improve last year. say what you want about the pass rush(or lack thereof) the defense improved significantly between 07 and 08. The offense is the squad that needs the most work and I think the scouts and front office agree with my theory. Only time will tell.

He has good hands. he fights for balls, has a rumored 40 inch verticle. his big knock is that in a lot of ways hes kind of an unknown. Maryland's offense didnt use him to his potential. I think his is the most physically gifted WR in this draft class. there are pretty good highlight clips of him on youtube.

Heyward-Bey is a great deep threat, but that's about it at this point. He's basically going to be a one-trick pony for his first couple years in the league until he learns to fight for balls, gains the desire to run routes over the middle, and cares to start blocking once in a while. He's an extremely raw talent and needs to get "coached up" a bunch. The last thing we need is another project at WR and that's exactly what this kid is going to be for whoever drafts him IMO.

I agree with you on this H2o...I've seen very little tape on Pettigrew. Maybe 10 snaps in hundreds of snaps in his college career. That said, he looks slow on tape to me. And I'm not seeing any tape where he shows good separation ability nor did I see any during Senior Bowl week where I tried to watch him closely.

I agree that he'll run 4.7-4.8. When he made his now-almost infamous 4.4 statement, he laughed afterwards. After gaining six pounds, it's hard to imagine he'll be faster but

we will see.

Bucky, you said "40 times are always fast @ indy."

But you either missed or ignored my original point.

All combines in Indy thus far were held at the Hoosier Dome. This combine is at Lucas Oil Field. I have not seen anything published where the field surface and underpadding are the same as that used at the Hoosier Dome.

So we don't know how the track runs compared to previous years.

I'm not gonna debate you Jerry. We will see.

I won't argue with you here Bucky.

"Our offense didnt improve last year. say what you want about the pass rush(or lack thereof) the defense improved significantly between 07 and 08. The offense is the squad that needs the most work and I think the scouts and front office agree with my theory. Only time will tell."

Both sides need upgrading. It becomes a question whether you upgrade the defense to give the offense more opportunities with the ball or whether you upgrade the offense so that it becomes more efficient.

We can argue till we're blue in the face. It's a debate without a clear answer.

Personally I'd still like to get the pass rusher. And rather than reach for a tight end at #11, I'd say go with the best player available whether it's a need or even a lesser need like wide receiver or offensive tackle or even linebacker.

If one of the big three tackles, or Crabtree/Maclin or Curry somehow slipped to us, really how could we couldn't afford not to take one of them?

I'm sure there's a lot of dissenters on this point but I always believe you take the best player available, and the tie breaker is degree of need.

I won't argue with you here Bucky.

"Our offense didnt improve last year. say what you want about the pass rush(or lack thereof) the defense improved significantly between 07 and 08. The offense is the squad that needs the most work and I think the scouts and front office agree with my theory. Only time will tell."

Both sides need upgrading. It becomes a question whether you upgrade the defense to give the offense more opportunities with the ball or whether you upgrade the offense so that it becomes more efficient.

We can argue till we're blue in the face. It's a debate without a clear answer.

Personally I'd still like to get the pass rusher. And rather than reach for a tight end at #11, I'd say go with the best player available whether it's a need or even a lesser need like wide receiver or offensive tackle or even linebacker.

If one of the big three tackles, or Crabtree/Maclin or Curry somehow slipped to us, really how could we couldn't afford not to take one of them?

I'm sure there's a lot of dissenters on this point but I always believe you take the best player available, and the tie breaker is degree of need.

well put.