fred jackson

Poland

A minority of fans , myself included, recognized early on that Fred Jackson was the best all around running back on the Bills roster.

As last season played out that observation was confirmed.

Now with Lynch as a repeat offender there is even better reason to drop the charade and give the bulk of playing time to Jackson.

Lynch is going to be Buffalo's next Maghee, they're better off getting rid of him before it goes from bad to worse.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A minority of fans , myself included, recognized early on that Fred Jackson was the best all around running back on the Bills roster.

Now with Lynch as a repeat offender there is even better reason to drop the charade and give the bulk of playing time to Jackson.

Lynch is going to be Buffalo's next Maghee, they're better off getting rid of him before it goes from bad to worse.

No.

I remember before the draft in 2007 there were all kinds of questions about Lynch's character. I did not think the Bills would draft him. When Willis went off the board you could just hear the Bills War Room. 'Well we need a running back, get that Lynch kid out of Cali.'. Then we heard the story that he was going to bring his mom to Buffalo to keep an eye on him. That was a little strange to me.

I by no means have written him off yet. He has made two stupid mistakes in two years. He is very very young. I think he is only 22 y/o. He and Jackson were going to make a good combo this year. Jackson needs another back to compliment him. In the NFL you need two backs. So while Freddie will now be the main back, the team needs to think about how long they will be w/o Marshawn and do they need to get a Vet for cheap to help out while he is suspended.

Jackson is to Lynch what Sproiles is to LT. Neither Jackson or Sproiles could stand up to a 16 everydown back workl oad.

Lynch will never be Buffalo's next McGahee. McGahee trashed Buffalo. Lynch hasn't and won't talk $#!+ about this city.

Two totally different things. McGahee was a malcontent. Lynch is guilty of being foolish. But given anyday i would go to battle with Lynch over McGahee. And they did get something for him. But the bills wont trade Lynch. This could prove to be a good thing for Lynch in the long run. He sits for four games (ok maybe 8 if he had POT in the car). Looses a bunch of cash and learn a little about life. Freddie steps up and plays good till Marshawn gets back.

Poland you have 19 posts here at TBD all of them slamming Lynch and telling us the team is better off without him. If you were a true Bills fan I would think you might have one post even one that was about something other than slamming Lynch.

Poland you have 19 posts here at TBD all of them slamming Lynch and telling us the team is better off without him. If you were a true Bills fan I would think you might have one post even one that was about something other than slamming Lynch.

This is the current issue.

Who are you the one man committee on how many posts a member can make on one topic ?

What you really mean to say is that if I were a Buffalo Bills fan I'd be supporting Lynch.

This is the current issue.

Who are you the one man committee on how many posts a member can make on one topic ?

What you really mean to say is that if I were a Buffalo Bills fan I'd be supporting Lynch.

No what I really mean to say is if it looks like fish and it smells like fish it probably aint chicken.

That's is exactly why I have you pegged as one of marshawns flunkies.

Oh no not a Marshawn flunkie how will I ever make it through another day? I guess the metaphor went over your head sorry about that. I find it quite odd that if your a Bills fan and have felt that Jackson was better why did you just join TBD today and post nothing other than Lynch slamming threads. Where where you last season when we were slamming Schobel and JP now that was some fun.

Its hard not to slam Lynch right now... Nothing is going right with this team and this is yet another example.

Fortunately we do have Jackson and personally I hope the team pays him and keeps him happy because not only should he be the starting runningback but based off of what I saw the last couple weeks of the season he's the only player on the roster with any heart at all...

If Lynch wants to be a thug in Cali let him play for the Raiders.

Oh no not a Marshawn flunkie how will I ever make it through another day? I guess the metaphor went over your head sorry about that. I find it quite odd that if your a Bills fan and have felt that Jackson was better why did you just join TBD today and post nothing other than Lynch slamming threads. Where where you last season when we were slamming Schobel and JP now that was some fun.

First of all I find it odd that you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Maybe you should pay some attention to your reading and writing skills instead of stalking me.

Secondly if I were here for it I would have made 10000 posts criticizing Losman.

You might have ended up counting those too.

Its hard not to slam Lynch right now... Nothing is going right with this team and this is yet another example.

Fortunately we do have Jackson and personally I hope the team pays him and keeps him happy because not only should he be the starting runningback but based off of what I saw the last couple weeks of the season he's the only player on the roster with any heart at all...

If Lynch wants to be a thug in Cali let him play for the Raiders.

Ok I guess I can be serious in responding to this post as it actually makes sense. It is hard not to slam Lynch right now this is true the kid screwed up twice now. I do however think that it's ludicrous to say that Jackson should be the starter. This is not Turner and LT. Marshawn is 22 and is an absolute beast when he learns to read the holes in the NFL he will be a top back no question. Question the guys common sense ok I'll go for that but to challenge Marshawns heart is a total joke.

I actually hope Lynch does get suspended for 4 or 8 games why? It will do two things one I think Lynch is a good kid making bad decisions and hopefully this will teach him that lesson. The second thing it will do is show the people who like to tell us how good Lynch isn't a good look at why Marshawn is the starter. It's a whole different ball game when a Defense gameplans knowing your the man.

I like Jackson like him alot but hes 28 in three days and even though he has low milage the body doesnt recover at 28 like it does at 22. I promise you if you offered all the Gm's in the NFL the choice of Marshawn or Jackson there wouldnt be one that would take Jackson.

I guess it boils down to this for me if Marshawn pulls his head out of his donkey and learns to read holes a bit quicker he will be a top 5 maybe 3 back in the league. I for one am not ready as a Bills fan to give up on that potential.

All being said I sure hope we keep both of them.

Ok I guess I can be serious in responding to this post as it actually makes sense. It is hard not to slam Lynch right now this is true the kid screwed up twice now. I do however think that it's ludicrous to say that Jackson should be the starter. This is not Turner and LT. Marshawn is 22 and is an absolute beast when he learns to read the holes in the NFL he will be a top back no question. Question the guys common sense ok I'll go for that but to challenge Marshawns heart is a total joke.

I actually hope Lynch does get suspended for 4 or 8 games why? It will do two things one I think Lynch is a good kid making bad decisions and hopefully this will teach him that lesson. The second thing it will do is show the people who like to tell us how good Lynch isn't a good look at why Marshawn is the starter. It's a whole different ball game when a Defense gameplans knowing your the man.

I like Jackson like him alot but hes 28 in three days and even though he has low milage the body doesnt recover at 28 like it does at 22. I promise you if you offered all the Gm's in the NFL the choice of Marshawn or Jackson there wouldnt be one that would take Jackson.

I guess it boils down to this for me if Marshawn pulls his head out of his donkey and learns to read holes a bit quicker he will be a top 5 maybe 3 back in the league. I for one am not ready as a Bills fan to give up on that potential.

All being said I sure hope we keep both of them.

I totally agree that Lynch is a better talent but I'm just tired of bad news from Bills camp and I'm not convinced that he is more talent than headache.

I long for the day when this organization isn't run by losers and accepting Lynch's behavior wont help anything.