I'll go on record for Maybin or Pettigrew...

I would bet right now that, trades non withstanding, they take Maybin or Pettigrew. DE or TE. MY choice would be the TE, but the last time they listened to me was in '69 with the bow-legged, flat-footed HB from USC. After that, I've been wrong every year since 1970. But, hey, tell me YOU saw Bucky Brooks coming ...

Right now I agree with you on both players. Maybin I heard is now 6'3 and weights 250. He can fly off the edges to get to the passer.... He is moving up the charts fast and would be available to the Bills at number 11 in a position of need.

The TE is the best and would also fill a Bills need. Wilson wants offense. Your two picks are great ......

We will know more about the players when the combine is over. I am sure the writers in the media will also narrow down the choices for the Bills....

After watching Dwight Freeney run circles against the NFC o-line in the pro bowl. I wouldn't mind drafting a smaller, faster guy like Brown or Maybin with our 1st round pick. They wouldn't be every down players to start but since we would still have Kelsay wouldn't be a major issue.

As long as they put maybin @ OLB that should be ok. He's way too small at this point in his carrer to be a hand-on the ground full time DE. Every team will run at him every down.

Schobel plays at about 245 and has said he feels more effective at that weight. Strahan played at 245-255 most of his career. Alot of it is in technique. You guys are allowing yourselves to be spoonfed these "size" arguments by all of the "Draft Experts" ;) . It's crap. If it's the way they say it is, there is NO ONE fit for a 4-3 DE for the most part except for about 5 players. Every one of them is a "3-4 OLB" or a "3-4 DE". Maybin clearly showed the ability to make plays off the edge in college playing out of a 3-point stance. He may need to develope more strength, but most kids coming out of college do with Orakpo being a freak of nature. Either way, he could play DE in a 4-3. Not singling you out Bucky, but tired of hearing the same regurgitated formulated arguements over and over :rolleyes:

Schobel plays at about 245 and has said he feels more effective at that weight. Strahan played at 245-255 most of his career. Alot of it is in technique. You guys are allowing yourselves to be spoonfed these "size" arguments by all of the "Draft Experts" ;) . It's crap. If it's the way they say it is, there is NO ONE fit for a 4-3 DE for the most part except for about 5 players. Every one of them is a "3-4 OLB" or a "3-4 DE". Maybin clearly showed the ability to make plays off the edge in college playing out of a 3-point stance. He may need to develope more strength, but most kids coming out of college do with Orakpo being a freak of nature. Either way, he could play DE in a 4-3. Not singling you out Bucky, but tired of hearing the same regurgitated formulated arguements over and over :rolleyes:

agreed. we do want to see an improvement in the pas rush tho right? why draft a guy who has to( and may not) "grow into a position" FWIW, schoeble's success was a by product of the no.2 ranked defense we squandered a few years ago.

Maybin would be great. Everyone said Freeney was too small for a 4-3 DE. I believe he won a SB starting at DE...

On a side note for the guy who said ppl would just run at him every down, don't teams do that anyway? GET ME A !@#$ING PASSRUSH.

Freeney was considered too small, but for a different reason. Freeney's issue was height. He was 6'1", but weighed over 260lbs. Maybin in 6'4", but weighs less than 240.

Obviously, Maybin would seem to have the potential to add some weight without losing speed or quickness, but that's pretty risky with the 11th pick in the draft. At best, he's probably a situational pass rusher for a season or two. At worst, that may be all he ever is.

All things considered, I'd rather they target someone like Larry English in R2. He may only be a situational rusher in the NFL, but at least they wouldn't have a top 15 pick invested. In fact, I'm beginning to lean that direction over all of the DEs usually mentioned as R1 prospects. None of them are standouts and as we've seen in recent years, guys that don't stand out at DE in college very, very rarely turn into anything close to great pros. I'd rather take my chances with a 2nd tier guy in that situation.