Banksy

Pete

Banksy is a legend. I love his social commentary, his brazenness, his sense of humor and how he uses cities as his canvas.

SOME graffiti = art, and much of it = vandalism. I'm no prude, and understand outsider and underground art, but much of graffiti is random obscenities, gang signs and simple name tags. I don't consider that "art", much in the same way I don't consider the noise of traffic or the sounds of the neighbors screaming "music".

With that said, Bansky is a talented artist, with social commentary, to boot.

I remember reading a book at one of my friends houses a few years ago and it had this 3D type graffiti art. When you look at it one way it looks 3D but every other way you look it doesn't look right. Does anyone know what this type is called? It's seemed to slip my mind.

Yesss, that's what I was thinking of.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

you are welcome.

"the people who run our cities dont understand graffiti because they think nothing has the right to exist unless it makes a profit...

the people who truly deface our neighbourhoods are the companies that scrawl giant slogans across buildings and buses trying to make us feel inadequate unless we buy their stuff....

any advertisement in public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours, it belongs to you ,, its yours to take, rearrange and re use. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head"....

Banksy.