Which NFL team would sign Michael Vick...

dbringer

Jessica might break the horses back

You meanie :thumbsup:

What!?

Two years off isn't a healing vacation. He's gonna be rusty as hell. He'll be 29 when the season starts and was never polished as a passer.

He needs to get reinstated first anyway.

The 2 years off is 2 years that his body DID NOT take the NFL punishment. And about his passing? Dude has had nothing but time in the prison to throw a football around. He can probably drop it in a trash can from 70 yards away.

At the risk of sounding Sopranoesqe--I am a displaced bills fan and I currently live in Leavenworth, KS--I have an associate who works at the prison and the word on Vick:

-He thinks he going to play for the Vikings when he gets out.

-He doesn't work out at all--nothing. When asked about it, he says that he has never worked out during the off season during his football career.

-The word is that he spends about 14 hours a day sleeping

You meanie :wallbash:

The 2 years off is 2 years that his body DID NOT take the NFL punishment. And about his passing? Dude has had nothing but time in the prison to throw a football around. He can probably drop it in a trash can from 70 yards away.

What kind of prison are you imagining? Dudes playing paper football, for smokes, in his closet like cell. The two years of no punishment is an extremely small advantage to no practice in two years. Good luck trying to get him back to where he was (average NFL quarterback).

What kind of prison are you imagining? Dudes playing paper football, for smokes, in his closet like cell. The two years of no punishment is a extremely small advantage to no practice in two years. Good luck trying to get him back to where he was (average NFL quarterback).

He never really was an effective "traditional" quarterback. He was always at his best when he played with his natural instincts and l athletic ability. Now that the Wild Cat has become a bigger part of some teams offense, I wouldn't be surprised if someone looked to pick up Vick as a backup and part of their Wild cat package.

So as far as him being Rusty, I don't think it will matter, the 2 years off will have helped restore some of his wear and tear, and I see him having an effective role on some team if they use him in this capacity.

He never really was an effective "traditional" quarterback. He was always at his best when he played with his natural instincts and l athletic ability. Now that the Wild Cat has become a bigger part of some teams offense, I wouldn't be surprised if someone looked to pick up Vick as a backup and part of their Wild cat package.

So as far as him being Rusty, I don't think it will matter, the 2 years off will have helped restore some of his wear and tear, and I see him having an effective role on some team if they use him in this capacity.

Alot of players have tremendous athleic ability. Seeing the way Vick ran when he was a Qb doesn't mean he could play RB for someone. I agree that his best opportunity to be effective in the future would be as a gadget type player. I'm highly skeptical about his ability to be a starting QB. He's also going to be 29 and not being active for two years will have an effect. Most players have to be extremely active in the offseason to keep competitive in the NFL. I know he measured off the charts physically in his prime but I still think the time off will require alot of work.