TBD Diner is open for business

njsue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What it's called is realism vs fantasy.

Reality says this team will lose another 3 or 4 in a row before we win one. Fantasy is what many here are deeply engrossed in.

Winning is great, but in reality, when you suck it doesn't much matter.

It was interesting for 3 hours, but I'm not going to spend all night gushing about it, because in reality there is nothing worth gushing about it because we will step on our own feet again come Sunday the 7th.

What it's called is realism vs fantasy.

Reality says this team will lose another 3 or 4 in a row before we win one.  Fantasy is what many here are deeply engrossed in. 

Winning is great, but in reality, when you suck it doesn't much matter. 

It was interesting for 3 hours, but I'm not going to spend all night gushing about it, because in reality there is nothing worth gushing about it because we will step on our own feet again come Sunday the 7th.

93502[/snapback]

You know what, maybe you're right...

Why be happy about anything? You know, in several months/years/decades, we're all going to die anyway. Who cares about what we do today? It doesn't change the future, we're all dust in the wind.

Thanks for showing me the light. Now take a prozak.

CW

Whatever Fez.  You are the same guy that think Greggo should still be here and Drew is a Hall of Famer.

You are the spin doctor of all spin doctors.

93526[/snapback]

Would that be the same Gregg Williams who has one of the best defenses in the league right now and is being called a candidate for coach of the year? Hmm, yes.

Did anything magically change when GW left the Bills? Hmmm, no.

Will Drew be a first ballot Hall of Famer? Ummm, probably.

Thanks for proving my points. Should we call the suicide hotline for you anytime soon? Are you calling out for help? Because we're here to help you if you need it!

CW

Whatever Fez.  You are the same guy that think Greggo should still be here and Drew is a Hall of Famer.

You are the spin doctor of all spin doctors.

93526[/snapback]

You still bitter about that whole stupid-ass baseball thing?

Be happy, the Bills won!

You still bitter about that whole stupid-ass baseball thing?

Be happy, the Bills won!

93536[/snapback]

I'm glad they won, but once again I'm stuck reading the same nonsense about how we are going to go on some winning streak or start making waves.

We're not.

That's all I'm saying.

About the baseball, I wasn't even bitter when it happened.

just to clarify (as i have no idea WHAT could be the problem here after a 24 point win):

1. i wrongly predicted a loss

2. i am very happy we won.

3. i am eating crow and liking it.

4. i am under no illusions that the bills are suddenly a "good" team.