Team Donahoe vs. Team DJ/RB/ML

silvermike

I don't agree with that perception. Yes TD blew that pick badly. However, if MW had panned out, we would have been better on O but it would not have spelled the difference between the sorry record we had compared to being a playoff team. In its entirety, his mistakes were picking MW, picking McGahee when we had other pressing needs, picking bad HCs and not retaining Lebeau.

Point taken, but McGahee (and Parrish for that matter) began a run of early smalls that cripples them to this day. As good as those DB's, linebacker and running back may be, the collection of free agents and day two picks at the line of scrimmage isn't getting it done.

If Big Mike was the signature pick he was meant to be, maybe TD builds a team with that sort of identity. McCargo is a similar miss nowadays on the other side. On draft day, who is supposed to be excited about Modrak's opinion on an unpredictable young big ? Who even makes the call ?

I'll take John Butler's team, although I'm not crazy about the OC:

QB: Doug Flutie

RB: Antowain Smith, Sammy Morris

FB: Sam Gash

WR: Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Kevin Williams (PR too)

TE: Jay Riemersma

OT: John Fina, Robert Hicks

OG: Ruben Brown, Jerry Ostroski

C: Dusty Ziegler

DE: Phil Hansen, Marcellus Wiley

DT: Pat Williams, Ted Washington

LB: Sam Cowart, Sam Rogers, Bryce Paup (Keith Newman, John Holocek)

CB: Antoine Winfield, Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris (maybe Donovan Greer too at nickel; he joined the team in 2000)

S: Hank Jones, Kurt Schulz (30 career INTs)

HC: Wade Phillips

OC: Joe Pendry

DC: Ted Cottrell