Reese hired as senior football adviser

bernie

Hmmm, that's a thinker. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being very experienced; with a 13-year stint as GM of the Titans; drafting Steve McNair, Eddie George and Jevon Kearse; corner-stones of the franchise, one that went to the Super Bowl, losing only by an inch; being around football for a long time as a player, coach and GM.

Who would want that? The Patriots only hire retards to run their FO and coaching staff. Oh wait, no that's us. :(

Hmmm, that's a thinker. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being very experienced; with a 13-year stint as GM of the Titans; drafting Steve McNair, Eddie George and Jevon Kearse; corner-stones of the franchise, one that went to the Super Bowl, losing only by an inch; being around football for a long time as a player, coach and GM.

Who would want that? The Patriots only hire retards to run their FO and coaching staff. Oh wait, no that's us. :(

And he also drafted two headcases more recently: Pacman Jones and Vince Young.

He's had some good pickups and some bad ones. I don't think he's that great of a personnel man. His experience didn't stop him from drafting guys with serious red flags that have not panned out.

Good argument. I think I'm getting confused between him and another douche that was on ESPN. Charlie Casserly?

What does everyone think about the pickup of Buddy Nix? It's at least good to see that they are not standing pat in that area -- they need some help with scouting talent.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/560635.html

I'm just glad to see that the Bills aren't so stubborn that they wouldn't bring back one of John Butler's guys. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised to see they brought Nix back.

I'm just glad to see that the Bills aren't so stubborn that they wouldn't bring back one of John Butler's guys. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised to see they brought Nix back.

Agree but I am concerned the Bills are making only small moves so far this offseason.

Someone make the argument to me why Reese is a "very good personnel man."

In his 13 seasons as the general manager of the Oilers/Titans, Reese's teams won 111 games - setting a franchise record for wins by a general manager. Houston and Tennessee won 11 or more games in a season four times during Reese's tenure as general manager while recording eight seasons with a record of .500 or better. Over a five-year period from 1999-2003, the Titans led the NFL with 56 wins, including three seasons with 12 or more victories. In 1999, the Titans claimed the AFC Championship and reached the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, falling just a yard short of the title in Super Bowl XXXIV against the St. Louis Rams.

Reese’s positive impact is still being felt in Tennessee. The 2008 Titans earned the AFC’s top playoff seed while 16 of 22 starters on their final 2008 roster were originally acquired while Reese was general manager, including nine of 11 starters on defense. The 2008 Titans are sending six of Reese’s acquisitions to this year’s Pro Bowl - QB Kerry Collins, CB Cortland Finnegan, DT Albert Haynesworth, S Chris Hope, C Kevin Mawae and T Michael Roos.

In his 13 seasons as the general manager of the Oilers/Titans, Reese's teams won 111 games - setting a franchise record for wins by a general manager. Houston and Tennessee won 11 or more games in a season four times during Reese's tenure as general manager while recording eight seasons with a record of .500 or better. Over a five-year period from 1999-2003, the Titans led the NFL with 56 wins, including three seasons with 12 or more victories. In 1999, the Titans claimed the AFC Championship and reached the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, falling just a yard short of the title in Super Bowl XXXIV against the St. Louis Rams.

Reese’s positive impact is still being felt in Tennessee. The 2008 Titans earned the AFC’s top playoff seed while 16 of 22 starters on their final 2008 roster were originally acquired while Reese was general manager, including nine of 11 starters on defense. The 2008 Titans are sending six of Reese’s acquisitions to this year’s Pro Bowl - QB Kerry Collins, CB Cortland Finnegan, DT Albert Haynesworth, S Chris Hope, C Kevin Mawae and T Michael Roos.

Sounds damn good. I have a few questions:

1.) Was he fired or did he leave on his own?

2.) Why did he wait so long before getting back into it, was it because he chose to take time off or was it because no one wanted him/offered him anything?

Sounds damn good. I have a few questions:

1.) Was he fired or did he leave on his own?

2.) Why did he wait so long before getting back into it, was it because he chose to take time off or was it because no one wanted him/offered him anything?

1. After the 2006 season his contract was set to expire and Tennessee had no intention of re-sgined him so he resigned a month before it was to expire. The Titans had gone 4-12 the year before but improved to 8-8 in his last year with VY going 8-5 as a starter and looking like the answer. But it still couldn't save his job.

2. He spent his two-year hiatus working for ESPN as an analyst. I guess he just wanted to re-charge his batteries and come back full steam ahead.

If I'm not mistaken he had a sort of a power struggle with Jeff Fisher on who to draft in 06, Fisher won and the Titans drafted Vince Young. Reese is responsible for bringing in most of the current players on that team. He will be a big plus for the Patriots front office and their talent evaluation process.

The only guy I really listen to and value their opinion in the pre-game shows is Charlie Casserly, someone who the Bills should hire as their next GM,just my take.

If I'm not mistaken he had a sort of a power struggle with Jeff Fisher on who to draft in 06, Fisher won and the Titans drafted Vince Young. Reese is responsible for bringing in most of the current players on that team. He will be a big plus for the Patriots front office and their talent evaluation process.

The only guy I really listen to and value their opinion in the pre-game shows is Charlie Casserly, someone who the Bills should hire as their next GM,just my take.

The power struggle was there, but it was between the owner (Bud Adams) and Fisher. Adams is from Texas, and he wanted Young. Fisher wanted Leinart to team up with offensive coordinator Norm Chow. I'm not saying Reese was directly responsible for drafting Young, but he certainly wasn't on the side against it.

The Pats lost Pioli. That's far greater than adding Reese, who nobody wanted these past 2 years. And those Young and Jones picks...

VY won offensive rookie of the year, made the playoffs the next and then went depressed/suicidal the next one after. I don't think VY has busted yet. He'll get another shot. Collins is no spring chicken.