AJ Smith

The_Dude

What does everybody think of AJ Smith? Personally I dont think much of him. I think he is a product of those around him not including Norv Turner. I think this guy is one of the biggest A$$ Clowns in the NFL. He got rid of Drew Brees, fired Schotenhiemer, let Shawn Merriman have the option to play this year and now this thing with LT is out of control. Yes, the Chargers should very well be considering all their options with LT. If they bring in a rookie RB (id bring in two) one with a day one pick and another with a day 2 pick and keep Sproles they will be more than fine. But, that doesnt mean that you go out and publically insult the best player your team has ever had. LT is most likely never going to be LT again.... But, if you have to deal away what is the best player in your franchise's history do it with diginity.... AJ Smith is one of the biggest douche bags out there... Thats just my opinion.

AJ Smith as a man, is a complete ****. AJ Smith, talent evaluator, is a very talented individual. I believe he is and has been very involved with player aquisitions throughout the John Butler years and also stands on his own as a GM. One thing he is not is sentimental. Witness the fact that they are looking at what to do with LT this offseason. In my opinion, his great weakness is his adversarial personality and that he seems to hold a grudge and take things personally. Ultimately, as the GM, the buck stops with him, so he'll occasionally look bad.

If you look at San Diego's roster they are loaded with talent. His ego seems to be a bit inflated, but I'd take him back in Buffalo in a nanosecond.

AJ Smith as a man, is a complete ****. AJ Smith, talent evaluator, is a very talented individual. I believe he is and has been very involved with player aquisitions throughout the John Butler years and also stands on his own as a GM. One thing he is not is sentimental. Witness the fact that they are looking at what to do with LT this offseason. In my opinion, his great weakness is his adversarial personality and that he seems to hold a grudge and take things personally. Ultimately, as the GM, the buck stops with him, so he'll occasionally look bad.

If you look at San Diego's roster they are loaded with talent. His ego seems to be a bit inflated, but I'd take him back in Buffalo in a nanosecond.

Id take him back too but if we could do that Id take Pollian back.

Another Bills castoff,

AJ is a jerk, hate the guy but he's put together a great roster. Drafted Rivers and Merriman, and brought in Gates.

I know the power struggle, etc. but he's a jerk who ran Marty out of town after he posted a 14-2 record.

And now he's treating future HoFer, LaDainian Tomlinson, like a piece of trash. LT stayed in SD during the bad years, always running hard and he re-signed when he could've went elsewhere. He had one of the most prolific seasons for a RB, scoring TDs left, right and center. And now this.

I know it's a business, but c'mon.

I don't know that it will mean much, but I was glad to see the Bills add Nix to the scouting department. He worked under Butler in Buffalo and San Diego...as much as everyone seems to hate Butler around here, I think, overall, he did a pretty solid job in Buffalo. I am hoping (though I don't know that much about him) that Nix learned well under Butler and Smith.

I will say this about AJ Smith, he is a good talent evaluator. With that being said, his & Butler's tenure with SD they lucked out in some pretty good situations. First the draft. The two years where they were picking #1, they were lucky enough to have a prospect at the top of the draft that teams really covetted. The first time they picked #1, M Vick was coming out. They were able to deal that pick for a king's ransom, plus they got LT by trading down. The 2nd time they picked #1, Manning was the covetted prospect & they were able to trade down & get Rivers(who imo is better then manning) & also Merriman in the 1st round. Think about it, how much would it of sucked to be in a position like SF a few years back when they had the #1 pick. They could not give that pick away & ended up taking a player they were not crazy about; Alex Smith. Those drafts in SD really built the foundation for there talent. Also, there is a story that A Gates had a bunch of teams he was going to visit & SD just happened to be the first. He never got to visit that 2nd team. One thing is for sure, to be successfull you really can not miss on your high end draft picks like we have done in the past(Losman, Mcgargo, M Williams)