Is Pat White an NFL QB?

H2o

Nice post I agree. I can see him being another Chris Leak.

How can you even compare Leak to White? Just because they're both black doesn't mean they have remotely similar styles, jackass.

Leak was a pure passer, White is a pure runner. Wtf? :blink:

Tommie Frazier was a winner, too and even more successful than White. White is too small with a weak arm.

A weak arm? Are you joking? Every scout in America says he has the strongest arm coming out, certainly at the senior bowl. Have you ever seen him throw the ball? My God.

Why do people seem to forget that running ability is part of what make some qb's great. Anybody remember J. Elway or S. Young. Every year we hear that running qb's can't play in the NFL and people seem to forget that some already won a Superbowl. The key is finding one that can pass as well. Why not take a chance on a gifted athlete. Look how many pocket passers that get drafted never develop into quality qb's. At least with the added skills he could do more than just hold a clip-board every Sunday.

Why do people seem to forget that running ability is part of what make some qb's great. Anybody remember J. Elway or S. Young. Every year we hear that running qb's can't play in the NFL and people seem to forget that some already won a Superbowl. The key is finding one that can pass as well. Why not take a chance on a gifted athlete. Look how many pocket passers that get drafted never develop into quality qb's. At least with the added skills he could do more than just hold a clip-board every Sunday.

The problem is a running quarterback that can throw is a disaster in the nfl. A passing quarterback who can run is a threat. Pat White was run first at Wes Virginia and those tendencies to tuck and go early are tough to break. I don't know how he goes through his progressions and what his reads are like. I didn't see him have to display these skills to much in college. It doesn't mean he can't though, and it sounds like he had nice senior bowl. What did he look like stats aside? Did he make throws to different levels? Was he under pressure? I didn't see the game and was curious about his performance. If someone saw it, could I get a little description of his play? Thanks in advance :blink:

Agreed! If you determine he can't make the switch you can still use him elsewhere. If you take a late round pocket passer and he fails, it's just a wasted pick. That's why I'd take a shot on White before some other project qb.

NO YOU DON'T, PERIOD!

Not only are you annoying, you're also incorrect. Drafting Mr. Patrick White is an investment in talent. Crazy, incredible talent. Why pigeon-hole him as a QB. Can you imagine the play calling options with him on your roster? He holds the NCAA record for rushing yards by a QB. He won all four Bowl games, as a starter (two of them BCS), a feat that has NEVER happened before. The kids a winner and a leader and it doesn't hurt to be the fastest guy on a team that included Steve Slaton AND Noel Divine.

I would go so far as taking him in the 3rd, but he won't be there. The Dollfans will take him in the 2nd and he'll be a game-changer and a difference-maker.

I went to West Virginia for the first semester this year and all of last year (The "peak" of Pat White)...and I must say...

He is the worst quarterback I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. Awful decision making, and awful preparation make this guy nothing but a talent filled, mindless WR at best.

Good guy, good legs, good motor, but man...he is the definition of a non-pro style QB. He probably wouldn't fare well in the Arena Football League at that position.

i don't believe you.

In fact, I'm near to calling you a liar. NO WAY a Mountaineer makes such nonsensical statements about WVU football.

The problem is a running quarterback that can throw is a disaster in the nfl. A passing quarterback who can run is a threat. Pat White was run first at Wes Virginia and those tendencies to tuck and go early are tough to break. I don't know how he goes through his progressions and what his reads are like. I didn't see him have to display these skills to much in college. It doesn't mean he can't though, and it sounds like he had nice senior bowl. What did he look like stats aside? Did he make throws to different levels? Was he under pressure? I didn't see the game and was curious about his performance. If someone saw it, could I get a little description of his play? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

The Senior Bowl was the 1st time I saw him play. He had a fantastic day. He took off & ran a couple times & picked up 1st downs, looked GREAT passing the ball. He made throws to all different levels & had a nice bomb for a TD. The only caveat is the rules of the Senior Bowl dictate a VERY simple defense. He was however far & away the BEST QB to play in that game.

The Senior Bowl was the 1st time I saw him play. He had a fantastic day. He took off & ran a couple times & picked up 1st downs, looked GREAT passing the ball. He made throws to all different levels & had a nice bomb for a TD. The only caveat is the rules of the Senior Bowl dictate a VERY simple defense. He was however far & away the BEST QB to play in that game.

He's a little lesser version of Tebow, right down to their playing styles and all around good guy personalities. He is gonna be a player in this league.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear he showed some different looks. I'm starting to come around to this kid. I was curious to see Rhett Bomar, just based on his freshman hype. His game didn't sound so spectacular. I really hope the bills take a look at one of these kids and White is starting to sound like the best of the bunch.

i don't believe you.

In fact, I'm near to calling you a liar. NO WAY a Mountaineer makes such nonsensical statements about WVU football.

Haha, how do you want me to prove it? Want me to scan in my student card? Facebook friend you? Give you one of my hoodies, haha, what a ridiculous statement.

I left WVU. An indication that I absolutely hated it. "Nonsensical"? Sorry I don't think Pat White is all that great. That's not to say that he didn't lead the team the past two season despite their awful defense. I just think Pat White is not NFL material.

Haha, how do you want me to prove it? Want me to scan in my student card? Facebook friend you? Give you one of my hoodies, haha, what a ridiculous statement.

I left WVU. An indication that I absolutely hated it. "Nonsensical"? Sorry I don't think Pat White is all that great. That's not to say that he didn't lead the team the past two season despite their awful defense. I just think Pat White is not NFL material.

It's foolish to think that Pat White can't or won't be a better pro then Drew Bennett or Antwan Randel-El. He's faster, more althletic and a better QB than both of them. In an innovative and aggressive offense, his potential is off the charts.

He's a little lesser version of Tebow, right down to their playing styles and all around good guy personalities. He is gonna be a player in this league.

I can't believe what I'm reading. A lesser version of Tebow right down to their playing styles? You must be high.

Tebow runs the ball up the middle like a fullback, is hard to tackle and bulls people over. He's not fast, he's as strong as an ox. Pat White is quick, agile, breaks long runs, will juke you out of your jockstrap, and is frail. Tell me how those playing styles are the same? They couldn't be more opposite in style.

I can't believe what I'm reading. A lesser version of Tebow right down to their playing styles? You must be high.

Tebow runs the ball up the middle like a fullback, is hard to tackle and bulls people over. He's not fast, he's as strong as an ox. Pat White is quick, agile, breaks long runs, will juke you out of your jockstrap, and is frail. Tell me how those playing styles are the same? They couldn't be more opposite in style.

You are correct they have different running styles................................BUT they both run EFFECTIVELY, & both have good arms (much better than Trent's). NEITHER is a drop back pocket passer that can't move......... That is the opposite style of both White & Tebow.