Are any of you twitter fans?

BuffaloBill

My 19 year old son has been traveling around the country all summer with his rock band. I follow all of his bandmates on Twitter. From their tweets I know that they arrived safe each day, where they are staying, what they're doing, etc. I also seem to get a lot more details than what I get from texting or calling my son.

I've only tweeted back (or is it twatted :unsure: ) a few times. Mostly just use it to follow.

No.

I wish long distance phone calls cost $3 per minute like long ago. You know...back when we lived a peaceful life and didn't bother each other unless it was really important.

If it was generally important, or simply a warm communication, a letter was written and sent. Which took time, contemplation. And no hot blood of the moment ruining relationships.

I'd like to take it a step further and suggest that TBD goes completely offline. I'll pen my thoughts and send a copy on my personal stationery to all the registered members of the board. I hope to get many replies. This could really help out the US post office.

I've got a brand new quill and I'm dying to use it.

At first, I didn't see the appeal to Twitter, but now I use it a lot. I can keep up with my interests like an RSS feed as someone mentioned above, and earlier today TO reminded me to DVR his show tonight. =p

Seriously though, twitter has a lot of useful info, and I use it to keep up with whats going on with people at my company, as well as in the industry.

I'd like to take it a step further and suggest that TBD goes completely offline. I'll pen my thoughts and send a copy on my personal stationery to all the registered members of the board. I hope to get many replies. This could really help out the US post office.

I've got a brand new quill and I'm dying to use it.

Go for it. Your life, your personal relationships would improve.

Your suggestion of TBD going offline... we log in. This seems an attempt to deflect and obfuscate my point - that being the concern about the 24/7 contact that so many buy into and end up driving themselves and those about them nuts.

If you like it, so be it. If others do not, so be that. I recommend that folks need not be in constant communication. Tend to one's own garden first.

And stop the snide posts, MattyT.

You disagree with me - fine. Speak plainly, use declarative sentences in refutation.

I know this is about Twitter which I don't do but I just went to my facebook page and here is a sampling of some of my "friends"

__________ hit her head on the fireplace mantle...now she has a reason for her short term memory loss

__________is at the Capitol Skyline pool and it is beyond living up to the hype.

__________I just took my daughter for a facial and OMG was that FANTASTIC!!!! I would recommend it to anyone who has any stress at all...that would be just about all of you...lol

__________my new obsession.... wallpaper

__________Tori was hosting the Today show today. Matt made me watch it on mute. By the way, I have no idea who this person is who posted this

__________thinks this crappy weather equals remodeling the master bath this weekend :thumbsup:

__________doesn't feel like going grocery shopping in this heat

Who the !@#$ are these people?? :unsure:

I know this is about Twitter which I don't do but I just went to my facebook page and here is a sampling of some of my "friends"

__________ hit her head on the fireplace mantle...now she has a reason for her short term memory loss

__________is at the Capitol Skyline pool and it is beyond living up to the hype.

__________I just took my daughter for a facial and OMG was that FANTASTIC!!!! I would recommend it to anyone who has any stress at all...that would be just about all of you...lol

__________Tori was hosting the Today show today. Matt made me watch it on mute. By the way, I have no idea who this person is who posted this

__________thinks this crappy weather equals remodeling the master bath this weekend :thumbsup:

Pics?

People you friended. <_<