Bills 7th

BeastMode54

How many "star players" do you think they have? They execute a great plan, that's why they are a great team. They aren't over loaded with high priced players.

Let's see, they've got Brady, who has to have a cap number of at least $10 million (more than any Bill), then they seem to add guys like Adalius Thomas (forget his contract numbers, but they were huge) and Randy Moss ($9m per year or so for last year's 3 year, $27m deal) every year or two, along with high second tier (contract wise) guys like Welker, Colvin, Seau, LaMont Jordan, etc. every year. I'd be curious as well how their accounting gets them so close to us cap-wise. I thought I'd read on their board that they're much closer to being like $10-15 million under the cap (with a number of FAs to sign)--that sounds closer to right to me.

Dude...Chambers is a great swing tackle backup...held is own very well while JP was out. I feel comfortable with him. yes he got schooled by Umienyora 2 years ago...but that's nothing to hang ur head over he's one of the best and chambers hadn't played a down all season.

Guys...Greer's as good as gone...this franchise is not gonna pay him when they just drafted McKelvin...why do you think they drafted him??

7. Buffalo -- $27m under – They can free up at least $10m more by slicing off some defensive fat, guys like S Ko Simpson, DE Chris Kelsay, DT John McCargo, etc. The Bills have a lot of UFAs to consider re-signing, however: C/G Duke Preston, CB Jabari Greer, LB Angelo Crowell, G Jason Whittle, and T Kirk Chambers. RB Fred Jackson is an exclusive rights free agent, which means they can keep him affordably – though he deserves a nice extension right now. They still gotta hammer out a mega-deal with OT Jason Peters.

Personally, I don't care about the long-term consequences. I hope they leave Peters' contract alone to play out and leave.

And if he holds out again, cut him.

I know you'll say it's stupid--not in the best interests of the team--but I say...fk it!

7. Buffalo -- $27m under – They can free up at least $10m more by slicing off some defensive fat, guys like S Ko Simpson, DE Chris Kelsay, DT John McCargo, etc. The Bills have a lot of UFAs to consider re-signing, however: C/G Duke Preston, CB Jabari Greer, LB Angelo Crowell, G Jason Whittle, and T Kirk Chambers. RB Fred Jackson is an exclusive rights free agent, which means they can keep him affordably – though he deserves a nice extension right now. They still gotta hammer out a mega-deal with OT Jason Peters.

getting rid of ko would save $20. preston and whitle will both be gone unless they keep useless preston as a third string swing guard and center but only @ the vet minimum.

They don't need to free up any money. They need to spend more & get close to the maximum. There is no way Greer is coming back-he's now the nickel corner & you don't spend free agent starter money, which he'll get from another team, on nickel corners.

If this is what you're expecting, you're going to be disappointed.

The Bills have long since committed to cash-to-cap. They will spend very close to the total yearly cap figure, which is also the amount that each team gets from the NFL from the TV revenue. They will include bonuses in that figure. And if they cut someone with an amortized bonus and take a cap hit, they won't care and won't subtract it from the figure they are going to spend. It all comes out very close to what the other teams spend.

The difference is that they won't come close to the NFL's cap number for them, and they never will again. Also, the Bills don't have to worry about that amortization crap. Under their scheme, a guy costs just his salary for that year and any roster bonuses paid that year, and nothing more. Signing bonuses are only counted in the original year of signing. So we are never forced to consider the amortization hit when deciding whether or not to cut a guy. Nonetheless, the Bills will spend just about what everybody else does, excepting the teams which borrow against the future. There is one fiddle that high-spending teams do get to take advantage of, and the Bills can't, but that's life. The Bills simply don't make as much money as other teams.

I guess if you want to spend your time being disappointed and griping about it, that's your right. But it won't change anything. The Bills have set their policy. We know what will happen. Why not deal with it?

So 3 of 8 division winners in the top 10

5 of 8 division winners, 7 of 12 playoff teams, an 11-5 team that missed the playoffs and both Super Bowl teams in the bottom half

Let's overspend in Free Agency :blink:

First, nice post!!!

Second, your sig had me screaming with laughter. Hilarious!! I especially liked the "scumbag" line. Sooooooo on target!