Heading to a Marriott Timeshare friday

mead107

Anyone own one ? This is at th Seaview Resort in Galloway NJ .

40 plus are on the market from $3,999 to 27,000 . I wonder what they are going to try and get for one .?

Plan on stoping at Atlantic City to try my luck . Renault Winery is 9 miles away .

I can not buy with ge stock at $13.00 . Just going for fun .

Anyone own one ? This is at th Seaview Resort in Galloway NJ .

40 plus are on the market from $3,999 to 27,000 . I wonder what they are going to try and get for one .?

Plan on stoping at Atlantic City to try my luck . Renault Winery is 9 miles away .

I can not buy with ge stock at $13.00 . Just going for fun .

I don't have a Marriot, We have Vistana which is a Sheraton property. We have had it for years, they have been trying to convert us away from having a week a year to a points system. We can pick/trade our weeks, while the points system places different values on each week. Your yearly allotment may not be enough for a prime week, but I can get that same week since I traded in my week. My advice, take the pitch, they will be begging but ultimately you can find people unloading them on Time share Users Group (I think its itug.com) or something like that. There are plenty for sale, owner to public, no brokers. There is even an area that allows you to trade or rent unused ones.

Good luck

I have vacation points in the Disney Vacation Club program. I like the flexibility of points that can be used at any one of a bunch of resorts/hotels/cruises around the world. So far I've used it at WDW, The Hotel Del in San Diego, and Atlantis Bahamas. We got excellent rooms for no cost (except the original price). At about year 7, I figure we break even on what we originally spent. Now I'm at year 4.

The original price got us 49 years of vacations (and vacations I can share with others). I figure Disney is a good investment because other resorts will always want to be in business with Disney and also, owning a portion of a Disney property is relatively safe.

I agree with what someone else said: buy from people reselling their points. Especially in this market, there are lots of sellers.

I have vacation points in the Disney Vacation Club program. I like the flexibility of points that can be used at any one of a bunch of resorts/hotels/cruises around the world. So far I've used it at WDW, The Hotel Del in San Diego, and Atlantis Bahamas. We got excellent rooms for no cost (except the original price). At about year 7, I figure we break even on what we originally spent. Now I'm at year 4.

The original price got us 49 years of vacations (and vacations I can share with others). I figure Disney is a good investment because other resorts will always want to be in business with Disney and also, owning a portion of a Disney property is relatively safe.

I agree with what someone else said: buy from people reselling their points. Especially in this market, there are lots of sellers.

I used that from about 1990 to 2000. It was great because the rooms came with the passes for all the parks for free. Now they dont do that, you only get the rooms.

Though I still get great deals here for the Florida residents discounts they offer. :D

I don't have a Marriot, We have Vistana which is a Sheraton property. We have had it for years, they have been trying to convert us away from having a week a year to a points system. We can pick/trade our weeks, while the points system places different values on each week. Your yearly allotment may not be enough for a prime week, but I can get that same week since I traded in my week. My advice, take the pitch, they will be begging but ultimately you can find people unloading them on Time share Users Group (I think its itug.com) or something like that. There are plenty for sale, owner to public, no brokers. There is even an area that allows you to trade or rent unused ones.

Good luck

Agreed--I use to own one. In this kind of dismal economy, this might be the worst investment one can make. BUT--there will be desperate people looking to unload very cheaply if you must have one. Try Craigslist?

Go to the pitch, enjoy the three days or whatever many days they offered to you and when the sales guy talks, tune him out so you don't put yourself in a position to agree. They are very good at it.

I used that from about 1990 to 2000. It was great because the rooms came with the passes for all the parks for free. Now they dont do that, you only get the rooms.

Though I still get great deals here for the Florida residents discounts they offer. :D

It's all about Florida, isn't it? :beer:

Federal disaster aid peeled out of the pockets of others yearly, low taxes etc.

My wife retires in a couple of years. I'll be contacting you at that time about best places in Florida to relocate to. :unsure:

It's all about Florida, isn't it? :beer:

Federal disaster aid peeled out of the pockets of others yearly, low taxes etc.

My wife retires in a couple of years. I'll be contacting you at that time about best places in Florida to relocate to. :unsure:

No problemo, Dr. Crumugeono!! :D:worthy: