Cameron Wake a dolphin!

gizmo6824

All things being equal Buffalo will usually lose to Miami. I mean the guy just spent how many years in the CFL? Does he want to play for what amounts to another Canadian outpost in the NFL?

PTR

I hate to say it..but probably true.

Buffalo....3 feet snow on ground....7-9...Russ Brandon

Miami....72 and sunny.....Division Champ....Bill Parcells

If the money was the same...no real recruiting needed.

I hate to say it..but probably true.

Buffalo....3 feet snow on ground....7-9...Russ Brandon

Miami....72 and sunny.....Division Champ....Bill Parcells

If the money was the same...no real recruiting needed.

Bingo. For the Bills to get a FA, we'll have to overpay, which means we better be damn sure who we want to throw money at.

PTR

This is something I recycled from an earlier post but in my opinion we will never have a marquee football coach or G.M. here in Buffalo. The biggest problem is (as usual) money. The reason Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey were hired is because they came cheap. Ralph actually wanted to retain Mularkey (who resigned) probably so he wouldn't have to eat too much of Mularkey's contract.

FYI: Jauron is the 30th highest paid coach in the NFL.

In 2008 only Brad Childress and Lane Kiffin made less money than Jauron's $1.5 million per season. The mean average for an NFL Head Coach is over $3 million per year. IN 2008 Holmgren made $8 million, Shanahan $6 million, Dungy $5 million, and Jon Gruden $4 million.

Jauron's extension is rumored to be 3 years at $2 million/year. In order to hire any of these marquee coaches next year the Bills would have to eat the remaining two years on Jauron's contract ($4 million) and pay a coach around $4 million per year. That would be a one year hit of at least $8 million. I just cannot see Ralph, knowing him as we do, eating $8 million. Besides, since the failed Donahoe experiment, Ralph has expressed that he's against giving anyone too much power and I think the top coaches that we're discussing would want more power than Ralph would give them.

On top of that the best coaches can write their own tickets. I don't think any of these coaches would want to come to Buffalo to work for Ralph when they could go to a team with a better owner, stadium, payroll, weather, etc. In other words, a better chance to succeed and solidify their legacy.

The only way we could get a top coach, in my opinion would be to throw stupid money at him/them, that is, to outbid bigger budget teams with more attractive jobs.

Getting back to our attempts to sign Cameron Wake, we might have made the best financial offer but it boils down to do you choose Huizenga/Parcells/Miami/ 3-4 defense or do you choose Wilson/Brandon/Buffalo/4-3 defense?

We can wish all we want but I'd rather discuss realistic thoughts. The Bills are not going to get a marquee head coach.

It might more profitable to field a winning team than a loser. Winners get playoff revenue, sell more stuff and can charge more for tickets. Even Frugal Ralph should understand this.

I don't buy the system argument. The Colts use the same system (although, yes, I know that Caldwell is considering his options).

I think it boils down to the offer and the better teams. The Colts are an established playoff team and the Dolphins put their name back in the thick of things when they brought in Parcells. The Bills? Yeah, well, Ralph is up for the Hall of Fame.

Arguments that Jauron is a highly regarded coach w/in NFL circles notwithstanding, do we really expect free agents to flock to BuffTown to play for a perennial loser like Dick?

Exactly...

What's the Sales pitch? "Come to Buffalo and You too can enjoy a 7-9 Season under the bestest darn Head Coach a Guy could ask for!!!..."

:blush: