Ralph & His Inner Circle-Jerks Looking Even Stupider

VJ91

The second SB winning coach was fired in Jon Gruden at Tampa Bay. This amps up the pressure on Wilson & The Jerks even more. Not so much that Gruden could have been available and all of that, but more so that Wilson has settled on DJ while these other franchises are firing coaches who have won SB Championships - starting with Billick last year in Baltimore, and now Gruden in Tampa as the latest to go.

Now that the shock has begun to wear off and most of us die hard Bills fans are looking forward to free agency and the draft, I cannot imagine the pressure that will be on Ralph and his inner circle-jerks to make all the right moves by the end of the draft, and then again in June as the second wave of free agency hits.

By training camp this July, DJ had better have much better tools to work with, or even Wilson will be forced to fire him mid-way through next season, input the obligatory temporary head coach for the rest of '09, and then try to hire a real head coach after the season.

Good luck with all of that, Ralph.

Juaron's already on a short leash, even with Gruden and other coaches being fired. I haven't seen anything from the Bills front office or Ralph to indicate otherwise. Nothing Ralph has said or written was any kind of ringing endorsement.

In my opinion, Jauron's gone if the Bills don't make the playoffs.

The second SB winning coach was fired in Jon Gruden at Tampa Bay. This amps up the pressure on Wilson & The Jerks even more. Not so much that Gruden could have been available and all of that, but more so that Wilson has settled on DJ while these other franchises are firing coaches who have won SB Championships - starting with Billick last year in Baltimore, and now Gruden in Tampa as the latest to go.

Now that the shock has begun to wear off and most of us die hard Bills fans are looking forward to free agency and the draft, I cannot imagine the pressure that will be on Ralph and his inner circle-jerks to make all the right moves by the end of the draft, and then again in June as the second wave of free agency hits.

By training camp this July, DJ had better have much better tools to work with, or even Wilson will be forced to fire him mid-way through next season, input the obligatory temporary head coach for the rest of '09, and then try to hire a real head coach after the season.

Thus thought all of us, circa January 2008.

Anyway, it's remarkable how many fired coaches did better than Jauron. Gruden was 9-7, Mangini was 9-7, Shanahan was 8-8. And all with playoff appearances and between them, three Super Bowl wins.

Anyway, it's remarkable how many fired coaches did better than Jauron. Gruden was 9-7, Mangini was 9-7, Shanahan was 8-8. And all with playoff appearances and between them, three Super Bowl wins.

To be fair to Jauron, among those three none of them were tied to talentless QBs. Mangini had a horrible QB, but still he was talented.

The difference between them as well is Gruden lost Dungy's players (and the ones he signed), Mangini lost his players and staff, Shanahan lost the owner's trust that he can get a defense together.

The fact that the players are not mutinous against Jauron like they had been toward the end of Greggo and Mularkey helped in staying the course with Dick I think.

Especially with regard to Gruden this makes sense - there are only so many times a player can take the Gruden Training Camp treatment and not lose respect/faith in their coach. For those that don't know, he will put the new draftees and players (free agents and such) and put them in a nice air conditioned tent, then blow the whistle and have them do a double session in the extreme heat of Florida in the summer.

Are you really going to bet against 2 remaining years on that 3 year extension, a possible December "surge" by the team playing for their beloved coach's job to get to 7-9, and the inevitability that a basketful of players (particularly on the undersized defense that can't get off the field) end up on IR, at the end of next year?

Juaron's already on a short leash, even with Gruden and other coaches being fired. I haven't seen anything from the Bills front office or Ralph to indicate otherwise. Nothing Ralph has said or written was any kind of ringing endorsement.

This was suuppose to be this past season

Solid post, call me a conspiracy theorist but if Ralph keeps making moves that result in him being hated then it's that much easier for him to part ways with the team and allow it to be relocated.

Why is there any reason to believe that Ralph will move into a state of anxiety at some point in the future...no matter what happens with the team? The league plus TV guarantee him operating money, he appears not to even feel the reactions of the fans and others in WNY, etc., he is on the down side of involvement with his businesses in general...so why should we think there is a "line in the sand" to which he will respond when (not if, but when) things go south again.

That was supposed to be THIS year. Not even close to a playoff spot.

Look at it this way.... We'll have the pick of the litter next year. Shanahan, Gruden, and Cowher will all be sitting there.

LOL! Anyone who thinks RW will spend the money to sign any of those coaches and their staffs is eriously delusional.

Fact is we have Dick Jauron and his staff because they're cheap by NFL coaching salary standards. ....and it was cheaper to keep them then to bring in another low end coach and staff.

Is there any thread you dont put that link to Leach?

lol...hahahahaha. this is the first time i've used that particular link. as a former football player who still has many nfl and college coaching contacts from my playing days, i have a wealth of clips. i've used about 15 different mike leach clips, and tried to mix them up pretty good - clearly, you're not looking at them or you'd know that. :wallbash:

Solid post, call me a conspiracy theorist but if Ralph keeps making moves that result in him being hated then it's that much easier for him to part ways with the team and allow it to be relocated.

Agreed. I don't know why anyone would think that Ralph gives a horses patoot what the fans think. Although it sounds harsh, Ralph is living on borrowed time. And he is 90 years old..... who knows what his decision making skills are at this point? I sure don't. I'm fairly certain that Ralph and his family are trying to do what's best for THEM, financially. Ralph has had a great run and is a pioneer in the NFL. But he's nearing the end of the journey and my guess is he's wrapping things up. I know if I were in Ralph's position, I would be doing what is best for my family first, and what is best for the Bills, second. I think most of us would.

Agreed. I don't know why anyone would think that Ralph gives a horses patoot what the fans think. Although it sounds harsh, Ralph is living on borrowed time. And he is 90 years old..... who knows what his decision making skills are at this point? I sure don't. I'm fairly certain that Ralph and his family are trying to do what's best for THEM, financially. Ralph has had a great run and is a pioneer in the NFL. But he's nearing the end of the journey and my guess is he's wrapping things up. I know if I were in Ralph's position, I would be doing what is best for my family first, and what is best for the Bills, second. I think most of us would.

Nonsense - Ralph will be with us for a long long time. Right now, he's just resting 'til draft day...

Link